Re: [Clip] Looking for a "Search Disk" clip....

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 16, 2004
      hsavage wrote:
      > joe smith wrote:
      >>
      >> I've looked through the help files and several clip
      >> sites and can't seem to find a clip script comparable
      >> to the "Search Disk..." command.
      >>
      >> Am I missing something ??
      >>
      >> I'm really needing the Search Disk functionality with
      >> the ability to give it the text to look for and in
      >> which folder(s) to look in a clip script.
      >> Even better would be the above as a silent search.
      >>
      >> Any help is much appreciated!!
      >
      > Joe,
      >
      > Some time back I wrote 2 or 3 clips dealing with DiskSearch/Replace.
      >
      > The clip then invokes the SearchDisk dialog and uses your 2 selections
      > as search-replace data.
      >
      > If no one else has anything useful I'll take a couple of days to
      > re-familiarize myself with, and tune up one of those clips

      Joe,

      I said, some time back, and it must have been. The clips I worked on
      previously dealt with Find/Replace, not SearchDisk.

      So I wouldn't be a complete liar, I re-wrote a clip to work with
      SearchDisk. I have 2 versions of the clip. The first version allows
      you to load a source file to copy the find data to the clipboard.

      After copying, it allows you to load, or, switch to another source, to
      copy the replace data. In these clips the mere action of copying the
      data to the clipboard causes the clip to proceed to the next step.

      The second version, additionally allows you to preselect the options you
      think you will need in this session of SearchDisk.

      Both data selections are then written to the Note/Tab/Pro.ini so the
      data will be available for selection in the SearchDisk dialog, position #1.

      I could find no way to circumvent the SearchDisk dialog but, large
      blocks of data are much easier insert into SearchDisk, the newly
      selected data, find and replace, will always be in its respective
      position #1.

      If you like I'll send a direct email with a file attached containing
      these clips so you can try them out.

      ºvº
      04.12.16
      hrs > hsavage@...