Re: [Clip] Do Clips Work ON .RTF Files?

  • Scott Fordin
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 16, 2004
      An RTF file is plain ASCII text with embedded formatting codes,
      similar to what you'd see if you look at raw PostScript. One of
      the key differences between RTF and PostScript, however, is that
      PostScript is a "page oriented" language, whereas RTF is a stream
      oriented language.

      In any case, you can open RTF files in NoteTab, but what you'll
      see is a text with a whole bunch of formatting codes. What you
      will *not* see is a nicely formatted document like you'd see in
      Word or StarOffice or WordPerfect. Some people know how to work
      with RTF directly, but it's a pretty arcane language and not
      for the faint-of-heart.

      Scott