[Clip] Cursor position?

  • Claes Gauffin
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 1999
      Hi all,

      Have I missed something?

      If I make a selection covering more than one row in the normal fashion, ie
      dragging the mouse forwards-downwards, the insertion bar (=cursor position)
      ends up at SELECTION_END. You can see it and verify it with the left or
      right arrow keys. This is as would be expected.

      However GetRow, GetCol, GetWord and GetChar all point to SELECTION_START
      for me.

      According to Help these functions should
      "Return column index (rowindex|word|character) of cursor in current document."

      I have always assumed that this meant that the above functions would point
      at SELECTION_END (or rather at the end of the mouse click-and-drag action),
      and have written several of my clips according to that, and they have
      worked OK earlier. They now have to be rewritten.

      This seems to be a difference between 4.6 and 4.6a, I have recently changed
      to 4.6a, and checking with collegues who haven't, verifies the difference.

      So, what gives? Is this a bug or a feature (ie documented)?

      Regards /Claes