Re: [Clip] Working within only the selected text

  • Don - htmlfixit.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 13, 2004
      I usually do one of two things:
      a) set the column and row of the start and stop points as variables and
      use them (keeping in mind that they may not be accurate after you edit
      the internal content

      or

      b) copy the selection to a variable, work on it within the variable and
      paste it back in.

      If you give greater details of what you are doing, I suspect we can give
      better help.
      I usually don't use another document, but I know others commonly use
      this scratch document technique.