Re: [Clip] Re: Extremely Difficult Search and Replace?

  • Alan C.
    Message 1 of 48 , Dec 10, 2004
      Hi John,

      replace two item with Sanford, the clip code regex to do so is next.

      ; alternation. replaces either item with Sanford
      ^!Replace "(Fred)|(Dan)" >> "Sanford" WAISR
      ; ----end_of_clip_code

      After examining A.txt and I.txt, I observed a certain pattern that's involved regarding semi-colon and comma.

      a semi-colon only precedes only when a colon is in the very next

      which make me think the semi colon is a more general/broad divider while the comma is a more specific/narrow divider.

      Ex 25:1, 2, 6; 35:4, 5, 8, 27-29

      Ex 30:1; 37:25; 40:5, 26, 27

      Is ^ that ^ line, do I have it's (next line) interpretation correct?

      {\cf11\ul Exo_30:1; \cf11\ul Exo_37:25; \cf11\ul Exo_40:5; \cf11\ul Exo_40:26; \cf11\ul Exo_40:27}

      --
      Alan.
    • John Morse
      Message 48 of 48 , Dec 16, 2004
        Thursday, December 16, 2004, 11:33:50 AM, you wrote:
        Don> John Morse wrote:
        >> Wednesday, December 15, 2004, 9:20:07 PM, you wrote:
        >> Alan_C> H="matbrakt3"

        Don> You did something wrong. If you copied to clipboard, and then
        Don> right clicked in a library window and "added" from clipboard,
        Don> then the line above becomes the name of the clip. I suspect you
        Don> have that line actually appearing in the clip. The way it works
        Don> it that each library of clips is one file, with each clip in the
        Don> file separated by a line like the one above. That line should
        Don> never appear in your clip when you have the clip editor window
        Don> open. You can open a .clb file and then all H= lines would
        Don> appear.

        Your right, that is what it was, I commented out the line and it
        performs as expected.