Re: [Clip] Removing numbers from a list

    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 3, 2004
      Hi Abair & Alec,

      >--- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Alec Burgess" <burale@a...> wrote:
      >> > Placing quotes around the search string ALSO confuses
      >> > NoteTab at times.
      >>
      >> FWIW, I've found the most unambiguous notation for replace
      >> strings in regexp clip lines is:
      >>
      >> ^!replace "find-string-quoted" >> "replace-string-quoted" R
      >> and-other-options
      >>
      >> Regards ... Alec
      >
      >Hehehe,
      >
      >so which is i, to find the string-quoted at the start of a line?
      >
      >^!Find ^"string-quoted"
      >^!Find "^string-quoted" ?
      >
      >Varies depeding on what else is in the string.

      Could one of you kindly tell me what in the world you are talking
      about starting right after the for what it's worth? You have me
      completely lost. Thanks!

      See ya in the funnies,
      Jody Adair, Prov. 15:15

      http://www.clean-funnies.com
    • Alan C.
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 3, 2004
        On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 22:47:20 -0000, abairheart wrote:
        [ . . ]
        > so which is i, to find the string-quoted at the start of a line?
        >
        > ^!Find ^"string-quoted"
        > ^!Find "^string-quoted" ?

        Supposed to be (I think) all inside the quotes with nothing to the left of the left hand quote.

        Have you also tested/tried:

        ^!Find "^(string-quoted)"

        ()

        grouping. above, just 1 group. next, 3 potential to find (each of the 3 is a group)

        ^!Find "^(string-quoted1)|(string-quoted2)|(string-quoted3)"

        --
        Alan.