Re: Clips in context menu

  • abairheart
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2004
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Ian Rastall <idrastall@c...> wrote:
      > ... if it's possible to add clips to the right-click menu

      I shouldn't answer this without Notetab open, but a bit of searching
      around the options menu will do you good.

      Click View menu --> Options --> Toolbar
      will let you add, remove items from the toolbar,

      Click View menu --> Options --> (?Menu?)
      will add/remove items from the right-click menu.

      Just search all the tabs in the Options window, until you see a list
      similar to the toolbar list.

      Unfortunately, you may have to scrol way down a list, before you find
      what you want. And reordering these lists is a pain-in-the-but.

      I maintain about a dozen differnet INI files, so I eventually got
      tired of rearranging each one, and simply copied the entire [toolbar]
      section of the working INI file to replace the toolbar section in the
      setup I wanted to change.

      Too bad Eric didn't document these INI files better. There is a lot
      of useful stuff you can do with them.

      Abair
    • Ian Rastall
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2004
        On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 20:51:59 -0000, "abairheart"
        <abairheart@...> wrote:

        >Too bad Eric didn't document these INI files better. There is a lot
        >of useful stuff you can do with them.

        Hey Abair. Do you know which INI file to look at, and if it's
        possible to add clips to the toolbar? I imagine that if I were
        able to do that, they would show up in that list in the options
        dialog. At the moment the list doesn't include personal toolbars,
        such as the one I have featuring icons for some of my more-used
        clips.

        Thanks for your earlier reply,

        Ian
        --
        http://www.sundry.ws/
        http://www.bookstacks.org/
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 7, 2004
          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Ian Rastall <idrastall@c...> wrote:

          > Hey Abair. Do you know which INI file to look at, and if it's
          > possible to add clips to the toolbar?

          You can't add clips to the REGULAR toolbar,

          BUT, NoteTab has something just as good: ClipBars!

          Clipbars are special TEXT files, just like libraries, that contain
          nothing but links to clips, along with icons to display.

          Look at the clipbar included with NoteTab (sorry, don't know the
          name, but look in the "libraries" folder for files ending with:

          ".ctb"

          These contain lines with

          "libraryname";"clipnameIN_THATlibrary";"iconfileORnumber"

          You'll have to enable clipbar display in the View menu,
          then load a specific clipbar.

          You can add any clip from any library to your own (or to the buit-in
          clipbar), by editing the clipbar file.

          Look it up in the Help files.

          Good luck.

          Abair
        • Ian Rastall
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 7, 2004
            Hi Abair. Thanks for responding. I've been using clipbars for a while,
            but just out of sheer laziness was hoping to migrate some of the
            commands to the right-click, since I edit at the bottom of the window,
            and the clipbars are at the top. I guess it's not possible, though maybe
            with the next version ... who knows? :-)

            Ian
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 7, 2004
              Hi Ian,

              It would be a nice feature to be able to add Clips to the
              Shortcut (right click) menu. I'd like to be able to add then to
              the icon when it is in the tray as well - been asking for it
              since 4.0. :)

              >Hi Abair. Thanks for responding. I've been using clipbars for a
              >while, but just out of sheer laziness was hoping to migrate some
              >of the commands to the right-click, since I edit at the bottom of
              >the window, and the clipbars are at the top. I guess it's not
              >possible, though maybe with the next version ... who knows? :-)

              Happy Test'n,
              Jody Adair

              UnSubscribe, Options