topic in otl

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2004
      Hi
      the clip below I use to change a hole section to upper case ,it has trouble
      detecting the end of the topic and then jumps to the next one or two. I
      think before I tried various ways to detect end of text in a topic and had
      trouble ended up with what is below.
      has anybody got a better idea??
      H="UpperCase\:"
      ^!SET %ROWT%=^$GETROW$
      ^!Set %lastline%=^$GetLineCount$
      ^!SET %ROWBT%=^$calc(^%lastline% - ^%ROWT%)$
      ^!SET %N%=1
      ^!SetCursor ^%ROWT%:1
      :START
      ^!Find "\D*\:" SIR
      ^!MENU Modify/Text Case/Upper Case
      ^!INC %N%
      ^!IF ^%N% <= ^%ROWBT% START

      THANKYOU DAVE
    • bizshop1
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2004
        If you just want to change the case on the whole topic, what I would
        do is

        ^!Select All
        and then your

        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <dgm2003@o...> wrote:
        > Hi
        > the clip below I use to change a hole section to upper case ,it has
        trouble
        > detecting the end of the topic and then jumps to the next one or two. I
        > think before I tried various ways to detect end of text in a topic
        and had
        > trouble ended up with what is below.
        > has anybody got a better idea??
        > H="UpperCase\:"
        > ^!SET %ROWT%=^$GETROW$
        > ^!Set %lastline%=^$GetLineCount$
        > ^!SET %ROWBT%=^$calc(^%lastline% - ^%ROWT%)$
        > ^!SET %N%=1
        > ^!SetCursor ^%ROWT%:1
        > :START
        > ^!Find "\D*\:" SIR
        > ^!MENU Modify/Text Case/Upper Case
        > ^!INC %N%
        > ^!IF ^%N% <= ^%ROWBT% START
        >
        > THANKYOU DAVE
      • Dave
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 5, 2004
          Hi
          the clip below I use to change a 5 to 10 lines to upper case ,it has trouble
          detecting the end of the text and so it can jump to the next one or two
          topics.
          Is there a better way to do it , sample below clip??

          H="UpperCase\:"
          ^!SET %ROWT%=^$GETROW$
          ^!Set %lastline%=^$GetLineCount$
          ^!SET %ROWBT%=^$calc(^%lastline% - ^%ROWT%)$
          ^!SET %N%=1
          ^!SetCursor ^%ROWT%:1
          :START
          ^!Find "\D*\:" SIR
          ^!MENU Modify/Text Case/Upper Case
          ^!INC %N%
          ^!IF ^%N% <= ^%ROWBT% START

          ARDESHIR KAMKAR : Kamancheh
          PEJMAN HADADI : Tombak
          GREG ELLIS : Frame Drums, Bendir, Nagara
          DOMONIC DEAN BREAUX : Bansuri
          DON SCHIFF : Ns/Stick
          DAN MORRIS : Mridangam, Tavil,Jaw Harp, Kanjira
          CAMERON STONE : Cello

          THANKYOU DAVE