Clips in context menu

  • Ian Rastall
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 30, 2004
      Hi, just coming back after being away from the group for awhile. I
      used to lurk on here. I'm wondering if it's possible to add clips
      to the right-click menu, because that would simplify things for me
      no end. At the moment all I have there is Cut, Copy and Paste, but
      I don't believe I had much luck in getting clips in there. Is
      there a way to do this?

      TIA

      Ian
      --
      http://www.sundry.ws/
      http://www.bookstacks.org/
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 1, 2004
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Ian Rastall <idrastall@c...> wrote:
        > ... if it's possible to add clips to the right-click menu

        I shouldn't answer this without Notetab open, but a bit of searching
        around the options menu will do you good.

        Click View menu --> Options --> Toolbar
        will let you add, remove items from the toolbar,

        Click View menu --> Options --> (?Menu?)
        will add/remove items from the right-click menu.

        Just search all the tabs in the Options window, until you see a list
        similar to the toolbar list.

        Unfortunately, you may have to scrol way down a list, before you find
        what you want. And reordering these lists is a pain-in-the-but.

        I maintain about a dozen differnet INI files, so I eventually got
        tired of rearranging each one, and simply copied the entire [toolbar]
        section of the working INI file to replace the toolbar section in the
        setup I wanted to change.

        Too bad Eric didn't document these INI files better. There is a lot
        of useful stuff you can do with them.

        Abair
      • Ian Rastall
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 1, 2004
          On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 20:51:59 -0000, "abairheart"
          <abairheart@...> wrote:

          >Too bad Eric didn't document these INI files better. There is a lot
          >of useful stuff you can do with them.

          Hey Abair. Do you know which INI file to look at, and if it's
          possible to add clips to the toolbar? I imagine that if I were
          able to do that, they would show up in that list in the options
          dialog. At the moment the list doesn't include personal toolbars,
          such as the one I have featuring icons for some of my more-used
          clips.

          Thanks for your earlier reply,

          Ian
          --
          http://www.sundry.ws/
          http://www.bookstacks.org/
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 7, 2004
            --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Ian Rastall <idrastall@c...> wrote:

            > Hey Abair. Do you know which INI file to look at, and if it's
            > possible to add clips to the toolbar?

            You can't add clips to the REGULAR toolbar,

            BUT, NoteTab has something just as good: ClipBars!

            Clipbars are special TEXT files, just like libraries, that contain
            nothing but links to clips, along with icons to display.

            Look at the clipbar included with NoteTab (sorry, don't know the
            name, but look in the "libraries" folder for files ending with:

            ".ctb"

            These contain lines with

            "libraryname";"clipnameIN_THATlibrary";"iconfileORnumber"

            You'll have to enable clipbar display in the View menu,
            then load a specific clipbar.

            You can add any clip from any library to your own (or to the buit-in
            clipbar), by editing the clipbar file.

            Look it up in the Help files.

            Good luck.

            Abair
          • Ian Rastall
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 7, 2004
              Hi Abair. Thanks for responding. I've been using clipbars for a while,
              but just out of sheer laziness was hoping to migrate some of the
              commands to the right-click, since I edit at the bottom of the window,
              and the clipbars are at the top. I guess it's not possible, though maybe
              with the next version ... who knows? :-)

              Ian
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 7, 2004
                Hi Ian,

                It would be a nice feature to be able to add Clips to the
                Shortcut (right click) menu. I'd like to be able to add then to
                the icon when it is in the tray as well - been asking for it
                since 4.0. :)

                >Hi Abair. Thanks for responding. I've been using clipbars for a
                >while, but just out of sheer laziness was hoping to migrate some
                >of the commands to the right-click, since I edit at the bottom of
                >the window, and the clipbars are at the top. I guess it's not
                >possible, though maybe with the next version ... who knows? :-)

                Happy Test'n,
                Jody Adair

                UnSubscribe, Options