Re: [Clip] Re: Extremely Difficult Search and Replace?

  • Don - htmlfixit.com
    Message 1 of 48 , Nov 27, 2004
      John Morse wrote:
      > Friday, November 26, 2004, 9:38:41 PM, you wrote:
      > d> I had a hard bounce, so I missed some messages. Send me a couple of
      > d> the nested passages. I will give it a try.
      >
      > I'll send you an actual text file that I'll be working with, so you
      > can see what I'm trying to accomplish

      Okay John,

      Definate progress! I have a clip that does the first of three replaces
      that you want. Off list you provided me some sample data which looks
      like the following:

      ~UNCLE~
      The Hebrew term dohdh, at times rendered “uncle” or “father’s brother”
      (Le 10:4; 20:20; 25:49; Nu 36:11; 1Sa 10:14-16; 14:50; Es 2:7, 15; Jer
      32:7-9, 12; Am 6:10), is much broader in its application than the
      English word “uncle.” It not only applies to a kinsman, usually the
      father’s brother, but can also denote (in the singular or plural) “love”
      (Pr 7:18), expressions of endearment or of love (Ca 1:2, 4; Eze 16:8;
      23:17), and a dear one or loved one (Ca 1:14, 16; Isa 5:1). The context
      or other related scriptures, however, often establish the family
      relationship designated by the Hebrew word dohdh. For example, dohdh is
      used to describe the relationship of King Jehoiachin to King Zedekiah.
      Since Zedekiah was the brother of Jehoiachin’s father Jehoiakim, the
      word dohdh in this case obviously designates an uncle, or a father’s
      brother. (2Ki 24:6, 15, 17; 1Ch 3:15) A different family relationship is
      described at 1 Chronicles 27:32, where the counselor Jonathan is said to
      be David’s dohdh. Second Samuel 21:21 and 1 Chronicles 20:7 indicate
      that Jonathan was the son of David’s brother Shimei. Accordingly, the
      reference to David’s dohdh must be to David’s nephew and not to his uncle.
      The feminine form of dohdh is used for one’s aunt. (Ex 6:20; Le 18:14;
      20:20) An uncle on the mother’s side of the family is designated in
      Hebrew by the expression “mother’s brother.”-Ge 29:10.

      You also gave me the link text which looks like this:
      {\cf11\ul Lev_10:4} if you start with Le 10:4 to work in esword as a
      clickable link.

      I am able to process and now get this:

      ~UNCLE~
      The Hebrew term dohdh, at times rendered “uncle” or “father’s brother”
      ({\cf11\ul Lev_10:4}; {\cf11\ul Lev_20:20}; {\cf11\ul Lev_25:49};
      {\cf11\ul Num_36:11}; {\cf11\ul 1Sa_10:14-16}; {\cf11\ul 1Sa_14:50};
      {\cf11\ul Est_2:7}; {\cf11\ul Est_2:15}; {\cf11\ul Jer_32:7-9};
      {\cf11\ul Jer_32:12}; {\cf11\ul Amo_6:10}), is much broader in its
      application than the English word “uncle.” It not only applies to a
      kinsman, usually the father’s brother, but can also denote (in the
      singular or plural) “love” ({\cf11\ul Pro_7:18}), expressions of
      endearment or of love ({\cf11\ul Son_1:2}; {\cf11\ul Son_1:4}; {\cf11\ul
      Eze_16:8}; {\cf11\ul Eze_23:17}), and a dear one [snip... to save poor
      readers]

      I will put the clip as it stands now in a different message due to
      length. It does the conversions of Book/Chapter/Verse within the
      parenthesis. It does not yet do conversions at the end of paragraphs
      where the references are in this format:
      -Ge 29:10.
      But I think repeating everything up to this point will do it. In fact I
      am thinking of toggling the ( for the - and the ) for the . and I might
      be able to do both loops with the same stuff which would be nice because
      if you modify one, you modify all I guess. Hmm, thinking about that.

      The thing will stop if there is bad data in parenthesis. You correct
      and hit control key to continue on.
    • John Morse
      Message 48 of 48 , Dec 16, 2004
        Thursday, December 16, 2004, 11:33:50 AM, you wrote:
        Don> John Morse wrote:
        >> Wednesday, December 15, 2004, 9:20:07 PM, you wrote:
        >> Alan_C> H="matbrakt3"

        Don> You did something wrong. If you copied to clipboard, and then
        Don> right clicked in a library window and "added" from clipboard,
        Don> then the line above becomes the name of the clip. I suspect you
        Don> have that line actually appearing in the clip. The way it works
        Don> it that each library of clips is one file, with each clip in the
        Don> file separated by a line like the one above. That line should
        Don> never appear in your clip when you have the clip editor window
        Don> open. You can open a .clb file and then all H= lines would
        Don> appear.

        Your right, that is what it was, I commented out the line and it
        performs as expected.