error Line 1

  • Ed Brown
    Message 1 of 17 , Nov 9, 2004
      Jody and/or any clip writer,
      As near as I could follow what you said (you spoke in clipspeak and I
      barely speak English, I only speak Texas real good) this is the clip
      that I wrote and when I run it the correct date is there but so is this
      error message:

      Error Line 1; clip syntax error
      <11/09/04;> Label not found

      How should this clip be written to pick up today's signature and added
      to my email. The signatures are located C:\Documents and Settings\Ed\My
      Documents\signature.txt, signature2.txt, signature3.txt (etc etc through
      signature31.txt.

      Perhaps they should be place in a folder in My Documents and called from
      within a folder named signature. I have no idea how to proceed with this
      clip.
      Thanks
      Ed

      Here is the clip as assembled by myself -- No giggling.

      ^!Goto ^$GetDate(mm/dd/yy)$;
      :01
      ^!InsertText ^$GetClipText(01)$
      ^!Goto End

      :02
      ^!InsertText ^$GetClipText(02)$
      ^!Goto End

      :03
      ^!InsertText ^$GetClipText(03)$
      ^!Goto End

      :04
      ^!InsertText ^$GetClipText(04)$
      ^!Goto End

      :05
      ^!InsertText ^$GetClipText(05)$
      ^!Goto End

      :06
      ^!InsertText ^$GetClipText(06)$
      ^!Goto End

      :07
      ^!InsertText ^$GetClipText(07)$
      ^!Goto End

      :08
      ^!InsertText ^$GetClipText(08)$
      ^!Goto End

      :09
      ^!InsertText ^$GetClipText(09)$
      ^!Goto End

      :10
      ^!InsertText ^$GetClipText(10)$
      ^!Goto End

      :11
      ^!InsertText ^$GetClipText(11)$
      ^!Goto End

      :12
      ^!InsertText ^$GetClipText(12)$
      ^!Goto End

      :13
      ^!InsertText ^$GetClipText(13)$
      ^!Goto End

      :14
      ^!InsertText ^$GetClipText(14)$
      ^!Goto End

      :15
      ^!InsertText ^$GetClipText(15)$
      ^!Goto End

      :16
      ^!InsertText ^$GetClipText(16)$
      ^!Goto End

      :17
      ^!InsertText ^$GetClipText(17)$
      ^!Goto End

      :18
      ^!InsertText ^$GetClipText(18)$
      ^!Goto End

      :19
      ^!InsertText ^$GetClipText(19)$
      ^!Goto End

      :20
      ^!InsertTest ^$GetClipTest (20)$
      ^!Goto End

      :21
      ^!InsertText ^$GetClipText(21)$
      ^!Goto End

      :22
      ^!InsertText ^$GetClipText(23)$
      ^!Goto End

      :23
      ^!InsertText ^$GetClipText(23)$
      ^!Goto End

      :24
      ^!InsertText ^$GetClipText(24)$
      ^!Goto End

      :25
      ^!InsertText ^$GetClipText(25)$
      ^!Goto End

      :26
      ^!InsertText ^$GetClipText(26)$
      ^!Goto End

      :27
      ^!InsertText ^$GetClipText(27)$
      ^!Goto End

      :28
      ^!InsertText ^$GetClipText(28)$
      ^!Goto End

      :29
      ^!InsertText ^$GetClipText(29)$
      ^!Goto End

      :30
      ^!InsertText ^$GetClipText(30)$
      ^!Goto End

      :31
      ^!InsertText ^$GetClipText(31)$
      ^!Goto End

      --
      If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite
      you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
      Message 2 of 17 , Nov 9, 2004
        On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 10:27:35 -0600, Ed Brown wrote:
        >^!Goto ^$GetDate(mm/dd/yy)$;

        Your first instruction is an invalid combination of two instructions, a
        Goto and a Get function. A Goto can only go to a Label (i.e. :01) which is
        your second statement. Your ^$GetDate(mm/dd/yy)$; Statement should look
        like this:

        ^!Set %datevariable%=^$GetDate(mm/dd/yy)$

        or more specifically:

        ^!Set %datevariable%=^$GetDate(dd)$

        to pick up the day portion Only.

        This should be of some help to you.

        Charlie R.
      • hsavage
        Message 3 of 17 , Nov 9, 2004
          Ed Brown wrote:
          > Jody and/or any clip writer,
          >
          > Error Line 1; clip syntax error
          > <11/09/04;> Label not found
          >
          > How should this clip be written to pick up today's signature and added
          > to my email. The signatures are located C:\Documents and Settings\Ed\My
          > Documents\signature.txt, signature2.txt, signature3.txt (etc etc through
          > signature31.txt.
          >
          > Thanks
          > Ed
          >
          > Here is the clip as assembled by myself -- No giggling.
          >
          > ^!Goto ^$GetDate(mm/dd/yy)$;
          > :01
          > ^!InsertText ^$GetClipText(01)$

          Ed,

          Reply and paste in a couple of actual examples of your signature??.txt
          files.

          Do you have a library with clips in it named, 01, 02, 03 etc.? If so,
          paste one of those also.

          hrs
        • Ed Brown
          Message 4 of 17 , Nov 9, 2004
            OK, here are some of the signatures, which incidently were copied on
            NotePad and saved as stated in My Documents as per instructions from
            Thunderbird and then Thunderbird picks up the one I want when I enter.
            If you are not aware of the instructions go to Thunderbird, Tools and
            Acct Settings and down to where you check attach this signature. Then in
            this box I have this:C:\Documents and Settings\Ed\My
            Documents\signature11.txt

            So on all my emails this signature saved in My Documents as
            signature11.txt appears: If you pick up a starving dog and make him
            prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference
            between a dog and a man.
            -Mark Twain

            Now if I change to signature12.txt (where signature11.txt now appears) I
            would see this at the bottom of my email messages: Ever consider what
            our dogs must think of us? I mean, here we come back from a grocery
            store with the most amazing haul -- chicken, pork, half a cow.
            They must think we're the greatest hunters on earth!
            -Anne Tyler

            And should I go back and insert signature3.txt, this would appear:
            If you don't know [your family's] history, then you don't know anything.
            You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree.
            --Michael Chrichton
            When I look at them with Windows Explorer I see this as I search for
            them Local Disk C or C:\Documents and Settings>Ed>My Documents>(in my
            Documents after folders everything appears in alphabetical order) when I
            scan down to the "si..." if find signature2.txt, signature3.txt etc
            through 31 and last comes the first one signature.txt.

            If you are not familar with Thunderbird I will send you privately a
            screen shot of how the page appears. There may be a way to send it to
            notetab clips yahoogroups.com but I do not know how to do this.

            You see in Thunderbird signatures are added very differently than in
            Outlook Express.

            This is what Jody told me to do, but I am sure I did not understand what
            he meant especially with the last part H=02
            paste:
            I just now think I see some light there. he meant H-02
            paste:signature2.txt? I need to create the new library and enter those
            to match what I sent you. Not sure how to call the new library from the
            clip that I sent in my first email on this string.

            I know how to create a new library from the combobox.
            Ed

            Hi Ed,

            You could have a Clip with all the following (through 31). You would
            also have 31 Clips with the sig for the day in each. The getDate returns
            a two digit date: dd. It would go to the corresponding label where it
            would get the Clip text for that day.

            ^!Goto ^$GetDate(dd)$

            :01
            ^!InsertText ^$GetClipText(01)$
            ^!Goto End

            :02
            ^!InsertText ^$GetClipText(02)$
            ^!Goto End

            :02
            ^!InsertText ^$GetClipText(31)$
            ^!Goto End

            The easiest way to do it would be make a new Library from the library
            name combobox at the top of the Clipbook Library. In a document you type
            in the following where "paste" means to paste in the sigline for that
            day. Once you get the 31 done copy all, right click over your new
            Library and choose Add from Clipboard, save and you are done with that
            part. Just build the other half and you are done. Click on the Clip and
            it should insert the sig at the cursor point.

            H=01
            paste

            H=02
            paste

            H=03
            paste

            etc.

            Message 5 of 17 , Nov 9, 2004
              Hi Ed,

              > As near as I could follow what you said (you spoke in clipspeak
              > and I barely speak English, I only speak Texas real good)

              Charles R, is correct according to the Clipspeak I mentioned.
              Sorry, I only speak hillbilly and some GeekSpeak, no foreign (to
              America) language like Texan, TexArkansas, or TextMex. <bg>

              You only want to use the day in the Goto Clip... and no semicolon at the end.

              ^!Goto ^$GetDate(dd)$

              >Error Line 1; clip syntax error
              ><11/09/04;> Label not found
              >
              >^!Goto ^$GetDate(mm/dd/yy)$;
              >:01
              >^!InsertText ^$GetClipText(01)$
              >^!Goto End

              Take care,
              Jody Adair

              and even thou doest err some! ;)
              http://clean-funnies.com
              http://notetab.net, http://fookes.us
            • hsavage
              Message 6 of 17 , Nov 9, 2004
                Ed Brown wrote:
                > Jody and/or any clip writer,
                >
                > How should this clip be written to pick up today's signature and added
                > to my email. The signatures are located C:\Documents and Settings\Ed\My
                > Documents\signature.txt, signature2.txt, signature3.txt (etc etc through
                > signature31.txt.
                >
                > Perhaps they should be place in a folder in My Documents and called from
                > within a folder named signature. I have no idea how to proceed with this
                > clip.
                > Thanks
                > Ed
                >
                > Here is the clip as assembled by myself -- No giggling.
                >
                > ^!Goto ^$GetDate(mm/dd/yy)$;
                > :01
                > ^!InsertText ^$GetClipText(01)$
                > ^!Goto End

                Ed,

                You already have the signatureXX.txt files in 'My Documents'. The
                method I would use is;

                • create 31 sig files as you have, begin at signature01.txt, up to
                signature31.txt, one for each day of the month including the long months.

                • setup ThunderBird to use this path and sigline message file,

                • C:\Documents and Settings\Ed\My Documents\signature.txt

                • create a one line clip to run first thing each day you boot up, or, if
                you don't shut down, run the clip before starting ThunderBird.

                • this is the clip, it's only one long line;

                • H="Sigline Changer"
                • ^!CopyFile "^$GetShellFolder(Personal)$signature^[dd^].txt"
                "^$GetShellFolder(Personal)$signature.txt"

                • the ^$GetShellFolder(Personal)$ should be the universal 'windows' path
                to your My Documents' folder, it is to mine.

                • the clip e.g., starting Nov. 10 will copy signature10.txt to
                signature.txt, replacing the previous signature.txt.

                • signature.txt is already setup in TB so TB will then automatically
                insert and use the new signature.txt as your sigline.

                You've already done the hardest part, creating the 31 numbered files in
                My Documents. I tried this out on a few sample sig files and it works
                fine. This is much simpler than trying to write 1 or 2 convoluted clips
                to insert the sigline text.

                The sigline following was inserted automatically by Mozilla using this
                method.

                hrs

                --
                hsavage@...

                signature 09 line test in Mozilla
                Message 7 of 17 , Nov 10, 2004
                  Hi Ed,

                  This is probably water under the bridge now, but I found it in my out box...

                  >This is what Jody told me to do, but I am sure I did not understand what
                  >he meant especially with the last part H=02

                  You need two groups Clips to do this. One set has 1 of 31 the
                  Clips with your signatures. They can be called anything, bit why
                  not just stick to the two the date for each clip. You'll have :01
                  for the Label name. You would also have a Clip with all the
                  following (through 31). You would also have 31 Clips with the sig
                  for the day in each. Use Info boxes do you can see is going on.

                • hsavage
                  Message 8 of 17 , Nov 10, 2004
                    Jody wrote:
                    > Hi Ed,
                    >
                    > You need two groups Clips to do this. One set has 1 of 31 the
                    > Clips with your signatures. They can be called anything, bit why
                    > not just stick to the two the date for each clip. You'll have :01
                    > for the Label name. You would also have a Clip with all the
                    > following (through 31). You would also have 31 Clips with the sig
                    > for the day in each. Use Info boxes do you can see is going on.
                    >
                    > ^!Goto ^$GetDate(dd)$
                    >
                    > :01
                    > ^!InsertText ^$GetClipText(01)$
                    > ^!Goto End

                    Hi Jody,

                    It seems your suggestion is geared toward a user that does email, as you
                    have stated, and, as I do most of my email, using NoteTab as the Edit
                    email window.

                    From all the correspondence I assumed Ed does editing, composing and
                    replying using the ThunderBird Composer. I don't recall any indication
                    otherwise. Using any complex clip method would require him building a
                    clip for switching back and forth between app's to insert the sigline
                    into the TB composer.

                    Ed's a self admitted clip novice and since he already had all the sig
                    files built I was going for the simple 1 line clip just to switch the
                    sigline file each day so TB could read and use it normally.

                    This method works well with minimal intervention from clips or user. I
                    think we've just run into a path, or, other simple problem. And, I did
                    leave a '%' sign out a clip variable.

                    --
                    hrs > havage@...

                    Sigline Test File #10 for Mozilla Mail! 04-11-10
                    Message 9 of 17 , Nov 10, 2004
                      Hi Harvey,

                      Thanks! Once I saw you other pros step in, I figured you can have
                      it. :) I just had that post in my outbox and sent it in. Thanks
                      for picking this up leaving me time for other stuff.

                      ^!FocusApp ""
                      ^!IfSame "StrCopy...(^$GetAppTitle$)" "..." Next else Skip_-1

                      :)

                    • bruce.somers@web.de
                      Message 10 of 17 , Nov 10, 2004
                        Jody wrote:

                        You need two groups Clips to do this. One set has 1 of 31 the
                        Clips with your signatures. They can be called anything, bit why
                        not just stick to the two the date for each clip. You'll have :01
                        for the Label name. You would also have a Clip with all the
                        following (through 31). You would also have 31 Clips with the sig
                        for the day in each. Use Info boxes do you can see is going on.

                        Is this considered to be English? It is very difficilt to read.

                        Bruce

                        Message 11 of 17 , Nov 10, 2004
                          Hi Bruce,

                          Not that I usually reply to such posts, but in case you are
                          really trying to do something making a Clip like is being
                          discussed, I'll reply and just figure you are having a bad hair
                          day. :-)

                          Just a "please rewrite and make clear what you posted Jody" would
                          have been sufficient w/o the sarcastic remark "Is this considered
                          to be English?" Yes, it is considered to be English, although not
                          coherent. I do a lot of eMail so I use automatic spelling
                          checking and an auto-complete utility so unless I proof read
                          everything which I don't have the time for sometimes they don't
                          come trough clear. Sorry about that!

                          You need two groups Clips to do what you want Ed. One set has 31
                          Clips with your signatures. They can be called anything, but why
                          not just stick to the two digit day/date for each clip. You'll
                          have :01 - :31 for the Label name. You would also have a Clip
                          with all the following (through 31). You would also have 31 Clips
                          with the sig for the day in each. Use Info boxes do you can see
                          is going on.

                          It's not going to make much sense anyway if you have not been
                          following the thread all the way. Here is a little that might
                          help it make more sense.

                          I forgot the most important part. <g> You drag the Clip with the
                          goto getdate in it to your default Clipbar, mark the Library as
                          Hidden (Open as Document - Document | Disk File Properties -
                          Hidden) and then just click on the icon you assign it when you
                          want the sig inserted. If you wanted to use a random signature
                          change the dd in getdate to ss for seconds and then you could put
                          in 60 siglines. ;) Or, you could go *real big* and use the RND
                          thing-a-ma-jigger in the ^$Calc function. :)

                          ^!Info ^$Calc(RND(100000);0)$

                          That's a whole lot of signatures to randomly choose from. ;)

                          Message 12 of 17 , Nov 11, 2004
                            OK Jody - I apologize for the sarcastic remark "Is this considered
                            to be English?"

                            Is the "bad hair day" remark not the same thing?

                            It is important to realize that careful typing and proof-reading
                            are essential when you are explaining concepts to people who are
                            not acquainted with them and are uncertain. Otherwise, they would
                            not be looking for help.

                            "You need two groups Clips to do what you want Ed. One set has 31
                            Clips with your signatures."

                            Does "two groups Clips" then mean "two sets of clips". The last
                            sentence below suggests that. Or have I indeed misunderstood?

                            Bruce

                            ------------------------

                            Message 13 of 17 , Nov 12, 2004
                              Hi Bruce,

                              >OK Jody - I apologize for the sarcastic remark "Is this
                              >considered to be English?"

                              Thanks!

                              >Is the "bad hair day" remark not the same thing?

                              No, I had a smiley face behind it doing it in humor.

                              >"You need two groups Clips to do what you want Ed. One set has 31
                              >Clips with your signatures."
                              >
                              >Does "two groups Clips" then mean "two sets of clips". The last
                              >sentence below suggests that. Or have I indeed misunderstood?

                              Yes, actually, you can forget the sets. You would need a Clip
                              that you would click on to insert the text you want, 31 labels in
                              it, and 31 additional Clips, one for each day with the actual
                              text to insert for the current day. The following is an
                              abbreviated example. You need to add your signature lines where
                              it says so. I put a full Library up for you. All you need to do
                              is extract the Library to the Libraries folder and add your text
                              that you want inserted. It is for 31 Clips/days.

                              http://www.notetab.net/zip/sigline.zip
                              I use a lot of similar methods in my SureWords Library.
                              http://www.notetab.net/html/library.htm

                              <--- Copy below this line --->
                              H="Info"
                              ; eMailed on 11-12-2004, ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jody
                              ; notetab.net, clean-funnies.com, fookes.us, sojourner.us

                              ; long line...
                              ^!Info [L]Right click over combobox window where it says "SigLine" and choose "Open as Document." Edit the H="01" through H="31" Clips adding the text you want in them to insert into your document. Once completed, test by clicking on Insert SigLine. After that, drag/drop that Clip to your Clipbar and assign button if desired. Once you see it is all working correctly, you can click on Document | Disk File Properties and mark the Library as Hidden. It will not take up room on your Libraries bar that way. You'll always have easy access to it so long as you have the Clipbar that "Insert SigLine" is in/on active.

                              H="Insert SigLine"
                              ^!Goto ^$GetDate(dd)$

                              :01
                              ; This could also be used with ^$GetFileText(FileName)$
                              ; instead of building Clips using ^$GetClipText(ClipName)$.
                              ^!InsertText ^$GetClipText(01)$
                              ^!Goto End

                              :02
                              ^!InsertText ^$GetClipText(02)$
                              ^!Goto End

                              ; ..............

                              :31
                              ^!InsertText ^$GetClipText(31)$
                              ^!Goto End

                              H="Info"
                              ; long line
                              ^!Info [L]You would also have Clips with the ClipName being the two digit date: 01, 02, 03...31

                              H="01"
                              A signature line goes here or whatever you want inserted at the
                              cursor point on the day (01, 02, 03...31) that the Clip is used.

                              H="02"
                              A signature line...02

                              H="03"
                              A signature line...03

                              ; .............

                              H="31"
                              A signature line...31

                              <--- Copy above this line --->
                              <--- Right click over a Library --->
                              <--- Choose: Add from Clipboard --->

                              >I'll reply and just figure you are having a bad hair day. :-)
                              >
                              >You need two groups Clips to do what you want Ed. One set has 31
                              >Clips with your signatures. They can be called anything, but why
                              >not just stick to the two digit day/date for each clip. You'll
                              >have :01 - :31 for the Label name. You would also have a Clip
                              >with all the following (through 31). You would also have 31 Clips
                              >with the sig for the day in each. Use Info boxes so you can see
                              >what is going on.

                            • Julie
                              Message 14 of 17 , Jul 19, 2005
                                Don't work to click on the clip, don't want to use the incontext menu so I ask:
                                Is there a keyboard equivalent to repeat the most recently run clip?

                              • Lee Underwood
                                Message 15 of 17 , Jul 19, 2005
                                  If you run the clip using the ESC key, you can then just tap the ESC key,
                                  and hit return to re-run the clip again.

                                  Lee

                                  On 7/19/05 10:26 AM, Julie wrote:
                                  >Don't work to click on the clip, don't want to use the incontext menu so I
                                  >ask:
                                  >Is there a keyboard equivalent to repeat the most recently run clip?
                                  >

                                  >--
                                • loro
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Jul 20, 2005
                                    Julie wrote:
                                    >Don't work to click on the clip, don't want to use the incontext menu so I
                                    >ask:
                                    >Is there a keyboard equivalent to repeat the most recently run clip?

                                    Ctrl + Spacebar. But since you say that clicking the clip doesn't work I
                                    guess Ctrl + Spacebar is out too...

                                    Lotta
                                  • Julie
                                    Message 17 of 17 , Jul 20, 2005
                                      At 7/20/2005 04:17 AM, loro wrote:
                                      >Julie wrote:
                                      > >Don't work to click on the clip, don't want to use the incontext menu so I
                                      > >ask:
                                      > >Is there a keyboard equivalent to repeat the most recently run clip?
                                      >
                                      >Ctrl + Spacebar. But since you say that clicking the clip doesn't work I
                                      >guess Ctrl + Spacebar is out too...

                                      That should've said don't *want* to paste the clip :-).

                                      That works!

                                      I saw that in the keyboard shortcuts, but since it read
                                      "Paste current Clip" I wasn't thinking along the lines of having that clip
                                      repeated.

                                      Thanks, Lott!