Change signatures daily

  • Ed Brown
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 4, 2004
      I have a good number of signatures. I would like a different on to be
      used on my email each day. Is it possible to write a clip that would do
      that. Remove the old clip and add a new one 0600 each morning. The
      signatures are in my documents and labeled, signature.txt, signature
      one.txt, signature3.txt, etc all the way through 31. But on the months
      with 28, 29,30,and 31 days it could start over at the end of the month
      Ed

      Ever consider what our dogs must think of us?
      I mean, here we come back from a grocery store with the most amazing
      haul -- chicken, pork, half a cow.
      They must think we're the greatest hunters on earth!
      -Anne Tyler
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 4, 2004
        Hi Ed,

        You could have a Clip with all the following (through 31). You would also have 31 Clips with the sig for the day in each. The getDate returns a two digit date: dd. It would go to the corresponding label where it would get the Clip text for that day.

        ^!Goto ^$GetDate(dd)$

        :01
        ^!InsertText ^$GetClipText(01)$
        ^!Goto End

        :02
        ^!InsertText ^$GetClipText(02)$
        ^!Goto End

        :02
        ^!InsertText ^$GetClipText(31)$
        ^!Goto End

        The easiest way to do it would be make a new Library from the library name combobox at the top of the Clipbook Library. In a document you type in the following where "paste" means to paste in the sigline for that day. Once you get the 31 done copy all, right click over your new Library and choose Add from Clipboard, save and you are done with that part. Just build the other half and you are done. Click on the Clip and it should insert the sig at the cursor point.

        H=01
        paste

        H=02
        paste

        H=03
        paste

        etc.

        Just save it when you are done.

        >I have a good number of signatures. I would like a different on to be
        >used on my email each day. Is it possible to write a clip that would do
        >that. Remove the old clip and add a new one 0600 each morning. The
        >signatures are in my documents and labeled, signature.txt, signature
        >one.txt, signature3.txt, etc all the way through 31. But on the months
        >with 28, 29,30,and 31 days it could start over at the end of the month

        Take care,
        Jody Adair

        and even thou doest err some! ;)
        http://clean-funnies.com
        http://notetab.net, http://fookes.us
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 4, 2004
          Hi Ed,

          I forgot the most important part. <g> You drag the Clip with the
          goto getdate in it to your default Clipbar, mark the Library as
          Hidden (Open as Document - Document | Disk File Properties -
          Hidden) and then just click on the icon you assign it when you
          want the sig inserted. If you wanted to use a random signature
          change the dd in getdate to ss for seconds and then you could put
          in 60 siglines. ;) Or, you could go *real big* and use the RND
          thing-a-ma-jigger in the ^$Calc function. :)

          ^!Info ^$Calc(RND(100000);0)$

          That's a whole lot of signatures to randomly choose from. ;)