Some problems that may need a clip

  • Ed Brown
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 30, 2004
      Hi Everyone,
      Some of the pages that I need to change have nothing referring to a link
      to a style sheet. Others have wrong links to stylesheets that I am no
      longer using.I want to change everything from nothing to any other link
      to a CSS to this:
      <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="new.css" />

      When I used the find and replace feature, it was good as long as all the
      pages had the same words and were replaced with a new worded feature
      such as when I changed <html> to <html lang="en">. I changed over 50
      pages in the blink of any eye. But I do not know how to word when
      nothing is present or the ones with the wrong stylesheets (CSS) have
      several different stylesheet names. I would still like to change very
      thing in the blink of any eye :-). There are many things that I need to
      know about NoteTab Pro and I am learning a lot from you guys and girls.
      But I feel that this may take a clip. Give me some input and if needed a
      clip.
      Thanks
      Ed
      --
      Life is not a static thing. The only people who do not change their
      minds are incompetents in asylums, and those in cemeteries.
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 30, 2004
        Ed,

        This issue can be solved with the Replace feature or a clip.

        It depends on where you want your stylesheet in the pages that do not
        have one.

        In the find box put the characters that you want your stylesheet tag
        inserted after.

        Say you want it after the <head> tag and you want it on its own line.

        In the find field put "<head>^P" without the quotes, the ^P means line
        break.

        In the replace put "<head>^P" so that it does not get deleted and put
        the stylesheet line after the ^P.

        So find would have: <head>^P

        Replace would have: <head>^P<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
        href="new.css" />

        To solve the issue of existing stylsheets that you want re-named follow
        the idea of the above example.

        Find: type="text/css" href="old.css"

        Replace: type="text/css" href="new.css"

        The trick is to figure out just how much you need to find to be able to
        insert what you want.

        This same logic is used to rough out the idea for a clip. There are
        probably as many ways to do this with a clip as there are people who
        post clips on this list.

        Below are two one-line clips that will act on all open pages in NoteTab.
        Make sure that you use the one to add a stylesheet with only those pages
        that do not have the stylesheet. The other clip will only affect those
        pages that have the old stylesheet. If you have more than one old
        stylesheet, you will need to modify the clip to find each old stylesheet.

        I have not tested these clips, but they should do what you want, or at
        least point you in the right direction.

        It is similar to the clip I suggested for your earlier question:

        H="Replace <html> Tag"
        ^!Replace <html> <html lang="en"> WAG

        H="Add Stylesheet"
        ;10/30/2004 Larry Hamilton
        ;Long line follows.
        ^!Replace <head>^P <head>^P<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
        href="new.css" /> WAG

        H="Re-Name Stylesheet"
        ;;10/30/2004 Larry Hamilton
        ;Long line follows.
        ^!Replace type="text/css" href="old.css" type="text/css"
        href="new.css" WAG

        Larry Hamilton
        lmh@...
        My Webpage