Removing a solo paragraph mark

  • Robin Chapple
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2004
      I have a clip which prepares text of email addresses for a server in the
      format required after a database has output the data with gratuitous empty
      line etc.

      The only thing that I now do by hand is to remove a paragraph mark on an
      empty first line.

      How do I code that?

      Robin Chapple
    • acummingsus
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 4, 2004
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Robin Chapple <robinski@m...> wrote:
        [ . . ]
        > The only thing that I now do by hand is to remove a paragraph mark
        on an
        > empty first line.
        >
        > How do I code that?

        ^!Jump DOC_START
        ^!Replace "^p" >> "^%EMPTY%" IS
        ;---end--

        that just removed an initial blank line at the very top of a doc for
        me if that is what you want to do.

        shift + F12

        and look real close for the dots that signify space(s) in clip

        if a dot is missing then appropriately clik cursor then backspace
        once then strike space bar to insert space (email sometime can mess
        it up, replace a space with an invisible char 26) - if so, clip won't
        work until remedied.

        --
        Alan.