Re: Re: [Clip] Launch a File in Excel

    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 4 2:24 PM
      Hi Alec & Ray,

      > 5. Is there a keyboard shortcut to launch edit mode when I
      > have selected a clip to work on?

      Not that I am aware of. There might be something shorter than this:
      Ctrl+F6 Tab Shift+F10 DownArrow Enter <bg>

      AFAIK, mouse, right click, Edit Clip is a lot shorter. :)

      > Similarly, after I save modifications to a clip, is there a
      > keyboard shortcut to exit edit mode?

      It's like any document: Ctrl+F4.

    • R Shapp
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 4 7:22 PM
        Hi Alec and Jody,

        Thank you for your replies.

        I do comprehend all that you have said (and I appreciate your help). I
        discovered that all of the Excel window title text (including the hyphen) is
        necessary to avoid re-launching this spreadsheet if it is already open.

        (Note: The clip is included below my signature.)

        Do you know of a way to copy the title text of a window? I made several
        errors in retyping the title before I finally got it right.

        Thanks again for the help.

        Ray Shapp

        ********clip begins on following line*********
        Launch Excel

        ^!FocusApp Microsoft Excel - Graph paper1.xls
        ^!IfError Next Else End
        ^!Shell "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\EXCEL.EXE"
        ^$GetShort(C:\Utils\Graph paper1.xls)$
        ^!Info Flow DID arrive here.^pNormal end.
      • Alec Burgess
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 4 8:07 PM
          > Do you know of a way to copy the title text of a window?

          Ask and it shall be found :-)
          API Spy+++ http://www.geocities.com/prototype_terrizer/VBToolz.htm

          Regards ... Alec

          > I do comprehend all that you have said (and I appreciate
          > your help). I discovered that all of the Excel window
          > title text (including the hyphen) is necessary to avoid
          > re-launching this spreadsheet if it is already open.
          >
          > (Note: The clip is included below my signature.)
          >
          > Do you know of a way to copy the title text of a window?
          > I made several errors in retyping the title before I
          > finally got it right.
          >
          > Thanks again for the help.
          >
          > Ray Shapp
          >
          > ********clip begins on following line*********
          > Launch Excel
          >
          > ^!FocusApp Microsoft Excel - Graph paper1.xls
          > ^!IfError Next Else End
          > ^!Shell "C:\Program Files\Microsoft
          > Office\Office10\EXCEL.EXE" ^$GetShort(C:\Utils\Graph
          > paper1.xls)$ ^!Info Flow DID arrive here.^pNormal end.

        • Larry Hamilton
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 4 8:49 PM
            Here is an oldie but a goodie from Larry Thomas. When you focus a
            program, its title bar gets copied. I use this every time I want to make
            sure I have the exact titlebar text when I work on such a clip.

            All lines begin with ; or : or ^.

            H="GetApptitle"
            ;Larry Thomas <larryt@...>
            ;08/21/1999, 12:12:03 PM
            ^!SetClipboard=^%Empty%
            :Loop
            ^!If ^$StrCopy("^$GetAppTitle$";1;11)$ = "NoteTab Pro" Loop Else Next
            :Loop2
            ^!Delay 10
            ^!SetClipboard ^$GetClipboard$^$GetAppTitle$^%nl%
            ^!If ^$StrCopy("^$GetAppTitle$";1;11)$ <> "NoteTab Pro" Loop2 Else Next
            ^!Toolbar Paste New

            HTH,

            Larry Hamilton
            lmh@...
            My Webpage

            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 4 9:11 PM
              Hi Ray,

              >> Do you know of a way to copy the title text of a window?

              ^!FocusApp *Excel*
              ^!Delay 2
              ^!Info ^$GetAppTitle$

            • R Shapp
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 4 11:28 PM
                Hi Alec and Larry,

                Thanks for the App Title grabbers.

                In the clip by Larry Thomas, why is the second part in a loop (Loop2)? It
                appears to make a copy of the title every ten seconds as long as the app is in
                focus. Why not just grab the title once and paste it?

                Alec, the Toolz site has the aura of evil about it. Are you reasonably sure
                the contents are benign?

                Regards,

                Ray Shapp

                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 6 6:06 AM
                  Ray,

                  The loop is if you want to grab titles for more than one program.
                  Otherwise you can cancel the clip.

                  Larry Hamilton
                  lmh@...
                  My Webpage