Re: [Clip] rounding in a clip

  • Hugo Paulissen
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 3, 2004
      Don,

      Well, your original question WAS overwhelming ;-)

      This post (and what follows it) could be of some help:

      Larry Thomas dug into calculations with NoteTab a while back. He
      lives on...

      For your specific situation you could look into MOD maybe, it gives
      you the remainder: 395 MOD 60 = 35... I really cannot help you with
      the specific use of all the functions.

      Hugo
    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 4, 2004
        Don Passenger wrote:
        > I wrote a week or two ago seeking a solution to a problem I had. The
        > list has always been most helpful, but for some reason this time I got
        > zero responses, so perhaps I asked the wrong way. So I guess I will try
        > something simpler and then piece it together.
        >
        > If say I take the number 395, I want to divide it by 60 ... and I get
        > 6.58333333
        > I want to round this down to 6 (ie toss the remainder).
        > Is there a math function to do this?
        > I suppose if I made it a string I could toss everything including and
        > after the period.

        Don,

        I recall you saying you always want to round down to a whole number.
        The following 2 operators appear to always give the same result by
        rounding down.

        ^$Calc(FLOOR(395/60))$
        ^$Calc(INT(395/60);0)$

        hrs