access child windows in other applications

  • forporph
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2004
      Hi,

      :Wait
      ^!FocusApp Appname
      ^!IfMatch "Appname" "^$GetAppTitle$" Next Else Wait

      works fine to transfer focus to the main window of another
      application.

      But I can't seem to find any way to then positively identify and
      transfer focus to one of its child windows. Can it be done in
      Notetab?

      Thanks,

      Graham Lawrence
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2004
        Hi Graham,

        >:Wait

        Wait for what, do you want your answer now or later? :)

        >^!FocusApp Appname
        >^!IfMatch "Appname" "^$GetAppTitle$" Next Else Wait
        >
        >works fine to transfer focus to the main window of another
        >application.
        >
        >But I can't seem to find any way to then positively identify and
        >transfer focus to one of its child windows. Can it be done in
        >Notetab?

        You do about the same thing. You'll most likely be passing on
        some keyboard strokes to bring up the next window like ^!Keyboard
        Ctrl+N and you'll look for the Titlebar in the new popup/window.

        ^!FocusApp "Eudora*"
        ...check for it, when found continue...
        ^!Keyboard Ctrl+N
        ^!FocusApp "No Recipient, No Subject"
        ^!Delay 1
        ^!IfSame "No Recipient, No Subject" "^$GetAppTitle$" Next else Slip_-2
        ^!SetClipboard Jody@...
        ^!Keyboard Ctrl+V &20 Alt+U #I'm at your PayPal Page http://www.fookes.us/paypal-fs.htm#"