Re: [Clip] Can't bang my head anymore, so I'm asking again .....

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2004
      BK wrote:
      > Hi Alex and everyone,
      >
      > Yes, I tried Don's script but could not get it to work. Hence the head
      > banging.
      >
      > I just can't seem to get a grasp on the "clip" language, and don't have the
      > time to devote to it either. Unfortunately.
      >
      > I subscribed from work and from home, which is why you see different
      > addresses. (although I can't seem to post to the list from home anymore (no
      > doubt my problem)).
      >
      > What I have a delimited lists of up to around 2,000 lines. Each list has 8
      > to 12 fields or so.
      >
      > What I need is to compare Field One of File A with Field One of File B and
      > if there are any matches, remove the entire line from File B.
      >
      > File A needs to remain unchanged. File B needs to have the duplicate lines
      > removed.
      >
      > --Robert Kelsey

      Robert,

      I work on some problems to pass time.

      Is there anything proprietary or confidential in the files that would
      preclude you sending a real world copy of each type file to me directly
      or post them in a zipped file on the NoteTab files area at Yahoo.

      This sounds like it could be an interesting task. I won't promise a
      positive result but I will work on it.

      hrs