Checkbox Wizard

  • Lee Underwood
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 28, 2004
      Is there a way to use a checkbox wizard without it inserting semi-colons
      between each item? I am using the code below [a shortened version - it
      should all be one line]:

      <code>

      ^!InsertHTML ^?{(T=A;H=40)Enter Attribute= accesskey="accessibility key
      character"<br>^P| charset="character encoding of linked
      source"<br>^P| class="class name"<br>^P| coords="client-side image maps
      coordinates"<br>^P| dir="direction for weak/neutral text"<br>^P|}

      </code>

      This is what I get:

      <results>

      accesskey="accessibility key character"<br>
      ";" charset="character encoding of linked source"<br>
      ";" class="class name"<br>

      </results>

      I would like each item to be on a separate line without the semi-colon (the
      two-space indention is intentional). Any ideas??

      Lee
    • loro
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 28, 2004
        Lee Underwood wrote:
        >Is there a way to use a checkbox wizard without it inserting semi-colons
        >between each item?

        >^!InsertHTML ^?{(T=A;H=40)Enter Attribute= accesskey="accessibility key
        >character"<br>^P| charset="character encoding of linked
        >source"<br>^P| class="class name"<br>^P| coords="client-side image maps
        >coordinates"<br>^P| dir="direction for weak/neutral text"<br>^P|}

        Instead of using ^p in the wizard itself, use the ^!SetListDelimiter
        command (before the wizard code). It's in the chapter about variables in Help.

        ^!SetListDelimiter ^p
        ^!InsertHTML ... (and so on)

        Lotta
      • hsavage
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 28, 2004
          Lee Underwood wrote:
          > Is there a way to use a checkbox wizard without it inserting semi-colons
          > between each item? I am using the code below [a shortened version - it
          > should all be one line]:
          >
          > <code>
          >
          > ^!InsertHTML ^?{(T=A;H=40)Enter Attribute= accesskey="accessibility key
          > character"<br>^P| charset="character encoding of linked
          > source"<br>^P| class="class name"<br>^P| coords="client-side image maps
          > coordinates"<br>^P| dir="direction for weak/neutral text"<br>^P|}
          >
          > </code>
          >
          > This is what I get:
          >
          > <results>
          >
          > accesskey="accessibility key character"<br>
          > ";" charset="character encoding of linked source"<br>
          > ";" class="class name"<br>
          >
          > </results>
          >
          > I would like each item to be on a separate line without the semi-colon (the
          > two-space indention is intentional). Any ideas??
          >
          > Lee

          Lee,

          May I ask, do you make more than 1 selection at a time in the Wizard?

          hrs
        • Lee Underwood
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 28, 2004
            Yes, that's why I use the checkbox.

            Lee

            At 9/28/04 06:36 PM, hsavage wrote:
            >Lee Underwood wrote:
            > > Is there a way to use a checkbox wizard without it inserting semi-colons
            > > between each item? I am using the code below [a shortened version - it
            > > should all be one line]:
            > >
            > > <code>
            > >
            > > ^!InsertHTML ^?{(T=A;H=40)Enter Attribute= accesskey="accessibility key
            > > character"<br>^P| charset="character encoding of linked
            > > source"<br>^P| class="class name"<br>^P| coords="client-side image maps
            > > coordinates"<br>^P| dir="direction for weak/neutral text"<br>^P|}
            > >
            > > </code>
            > >
            > > This is what I get:
            > >
            > > <results>
            > >
            > > accesskey="accessibility key character"<br>
            > > ";" charset="character encoding of linked source"<br>
            > > ";" class="class name"<br>
            > >
            > > </results>
            > >
            > > I would like each item to be on a separate line without the semi-colon
            > (the
            > > two-space indention is intentional). Any ideas??
            > >
            > > Lee
            >
            >Lee,
            >
            >May I ask, do you make more than 1 selection at a time in the Wizard?
            >
            >hrs
            >

            >Yahoo! Groups Links

          • hsavage
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 28, 2004
              Lee Underwood wrote:
              > Yes, that's why I use the checkbox.
              >
              > Lee

              Lee,

              With the info Lotta supplied, ^!SetListDelimiter, you may have
              experimented enough to get something close to your need.

              I took the partial wizard you furnished and only added the delimiter.
              This method prints each selection with a blank line between selections.
              Any other way I tried printed the selections with a blank line added
              at the end for each unselected choice. If your wizard has 40 choices,
              as you have it written, and you make 6 selections you'll have 34 blank
              lines below the last choice.

              hrs

              ^!SetListDelimiter ^p
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 28, 2004
                hsavage wrote:
                > Lee Underwood wrote:
                >
                >>Yes, that's why I use the checkbox.
                >>
                >>Lee
                >

                > Lee,
                >
                > With the info Lotta supplied, ^!SetListDelimiter, you may have
                > experimented enough to get something close to your need.
                >
                > I took the partial wizard you furnished and only added the delimiter.
                > This method prints each selection with a blank line between selections.
                > Any other way I tried printed the selections with a blank line added
                > at the end for each unselected choice. If your wizard has 40 choices,
                > as you have it written, and you make 6 selections you'll have 34 blank
                > lines below the last choice.
                >
                > hrs

                Lee,

                As I sent this last email I was still considering another way to
                eliminate the blank lines.

                I arrived at this, below, and included it and a copy of its output.

                Convert your wizard into an array, as below, this eliminates the problem
                with blank lines.

                hrs

                ^!SetListDelimiter ^p
                ^!SetArray %html%=" accesskey="accessibility key character"<br>|
                charset="character encoding of linked source"<br>| class="class
                name"<br>| coords="client-side image maps coordinates"<br>|
                dir="direction for weak/neutral text"<br>"

                ^!InsertHTML ^?{(T=A;H=40)Enter Attribute=^%html%}^%nl%

                -------
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 29, 2004
                  hsavage wrote:
                  >As I sent this last email I was still considering another way to
                  >eliminate the blank lines.

                  Those 34 extra blanks you talked about? You must have had something odd in
                  there - I didn't get those.

                  >I arrived at this, below, and included it and a copy of its output.
                  >
                  >Convert your wizard into an array, as below, this eliminates the problem
                  >with blank lines.

                  I think it's more to do with that you no longer has the ^p token in the
                  array elements. You did in the other examples. It makes the whole thing
                  more readable to first assign all the parameters to (another) array, but I
                  don't see why the result should be any different as long as the array
                  elements are are the same in both cases (no ^p in any of them). Am I
                  missing something? Newly awake so it wouldn't surprise me! Now, where is
                  the teapot? ^_^

                  Lotta
                • Lee Underwood
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 29, 2004
                    Thanks to both of you. I used the ^!SetListDelimiter and it worked just
                    fine. I removed the ^p at the end of each line so, like Lotta, I did not
                    get any blank lines.

                    Thanks again.

                    Lee

                    At 9/29/04 07:28 AM, loro wrote:
                    >hsavage wrote:
                    > >As I sent this last email I was still considering another way to
                    > >eliminate the blank lines.
                    >
                    >Those 34 extra blanks you talked about? You must have had something odd in
                    >there - I didn't get those.
                    >
                    > >I arrived at this, below, and included it and a copy of its output.
                    > >
                    > >Convert your wizard into an array, as below, this eliminates the problem
                    > >with blank lines.
                    >
                    >I think it's more to do with that you no longer has the ^p token in the
                    >array elements. You did in the other examples. It makes the whole thing
                    >more readable to first assign all the parameters to (another) array, but I
                    >don't see why the result should be any different as long as the array
                    >elements are are the same in both cases (no ^p in any of them). Am I
                    >missing something? Newly awake so it wouldn't surprise me! Now, where is
                    >the teapot? ^_^
                    >
                    >Lotta
                  • hsavage
                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 29, 2004
                      loro wrote:
                      > hsavage wrote:
                      >
                      >>As I sent this last email I was still considering another way to
                      >>eliminate the blank lines.
                      >

                      > Those 34 extra blanks you talked about? You must have had something odd in
                      > there - I didn't get those.
                      >

                      >>I arrived at this, below, and included it and a copy of its output.
                      >
                      > Lotta

                      Lotta, Lee,

                      Sorry for the misleading email. Below is one of the first methods I
                      tried and was getting blank lines at the end of the wizard. I had
                      temporarily forgotten there were other commented, and blank, lines in
                      the clip and those blank lines in the clip were transferred to the clip
                      output.

                      I always try to avoid having empty lines in a clip for that reason. I
                      would however recommend adding 1 single new line command after the end
                      of the wizard so the last output line will have a crlf after it.

                      hrs

                      ^!SetListDelimiter ^p
                      ^!InsertHTML ^?{(T=A;H=40)Enter Attribute= accesskey="accessibility key
                      character"<br>| charset="character encoding of linked source"<br>|
                      class="class name"<br>| coords="client-side image maps
                      coordinates"<br>| dir="direction for weak/neutral text"<br>|}^%nl%
                      Message 10 of 10 , Sep 29, 2004
                        Hi Lee,

                        >Thanks to both of you. I used the ^!SetListDelimiter and it
                        >worked just fine. I removed the ^p at the end of each line so,
                        >like Lotta, I did not get any blank lines.

                        OK, now that you understand how to use ^!SetListDelimiter and the
                        check boxes you can add another option to automatically check all
                        the boxes when the wizard opens or not. The following Clip it
                        from my DirStuff and it is used to check what files you want to
                        close that are open. So, if you think you need it in your Clip,
                        just steal some of my code. There's two loops in it. One uses the
                        label :Loop and the other uses the label: Close. You want the first,
                        :Loop. You'll need to set the variables: %n%=0; %us% following the;
                        long line comment.

                        <--- Copy below this line --->
                        H=Checkbox Close...
                        ; eMailed on 09-29-2004, ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jody
                        ; notetab.net, clean-funnies.com, fookes.us, sojourner.us

                        ^!ClearVariable %Files%

                        ; long line till blank line
                        ^!Set %n%=0; %us%=^?{&Check files automatically in file list to close==_Yes^=_|No^=}; %Discard%=^?{Discard any new change w/o prompt to save?==_Yes^=^%Space%Discard|No^=}

                        :Loop
                        ^!Inc %n%
                        ^!Set %FileName%=^$GetDocName(^%n%)$
                        ^!If ^%n% > ^$GetDocCount$ CheckUs
                        ^!Append %Files%=^%us%^%FileName%|
                        ^!Goto Loop

                        :CheckUs
                        ^!SetListDelimiter |
                        ^!SetArray %Close%=^?{(T=A;H=20)Choose document to close==^%Files%}
                        ^!Set %Count%=^%Close0%
                        ^!Set %Index%=0
                        ^!SetHintInfo Closing...
                        ^!SetScreenUpdate Off