Re: clip for global file name change

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 17, 2004
      Oops, I missed that the original file names had days (dd) before
      month (mm) and my clip/batch operation didn't change that order.
      Sorry Charles. To do that my %orig% variable would need one more set
      of curly braces:

      "{C:\\logs\\}{\d\d\d\d}\\{\d\d}{\d\d}{\d\d}{.txt}"

      and the replace clause would need to be "copy & \1\2\4\3.log"

      The slash values in the replace clause correspond to the sequence of
      bracketed values in the original. The ampersand replicates the
      entire original value.