NTP function

  • chsulka
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 13, 2004
      Note Tab Experts:

      Is it possible to have NTP open various aps, either the
      default ap for a file type, or an ap as listed in a look-up
      table, and leave the tabbed (but empty) screen "open" until
      that ap is closed, under NTP control, so to speak? For example,
      I want to select a JPG or WAV (or other file type) through the
      NTP OPEN FILE dialog box, have the file name listed on an active
      tab in NTP, but have a viewer, browser, or audio program
      actually pop up and show the photo or play the sound clip.

      Charles Sulka
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 14, 2004
        Hi Charles,

        Glad to see you are looking into Clips after 10+years of NoteTab'n ;)
        See below...

        > Is it possible to have NTP open various aps, either the
        >default ap for a file type, or an ap as listed in a look-up
        >table, and leave the tabbed (but empty) screen "open" until
        >that ap is closed, under NTP control, so to speak? For example,
        >I want to select a JPG or WAV (or other file type) through the
        >NTP OPEN FILE dialog box, have the file name listed on an active
        >tab in NTP, but have a viewer, browser, or audio program
        >actually pop up and show the photo or play the sound clip.

        Yes, but the code is long an you must specify what program to use.
        From within a file such as an Outline which the code was originally
        made for, but works in any file type, I think, :) Example:

        [E:\Imaging\IView\i_view32.exe F:\EzImager\Samples\sample06.jpg]

        You can use a wizard in a Clip to do the same. You can add a list
        of programs to use in a wizard and the file types to filter. Example
        of a few following. (I will have to write later with examples of
        listing programs and also a Setup Clip so that one can configure
        paths to programs for distribution of a Library.)

        <--- Copy below this line --->
        H=View doc File
        ; eMailed on 09-14-2004, ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jody
        ; notetab.net, clean-funnies.com, fookes.us, sojourner.us
        ; Specific program & document
        ^!"E:\Microsoft Office\Office10\winword.exe" "H:\sojourner\html\Eternal Security.doc"

        H=View File in MS Word
        ; eMailed on 09-14-2004, ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jody
        ; notetab.net, clean-funnies.com, fookes.us, sojourner.us
        ; Specific program/Select full path or browse to
        ^!"E:\Microsoft Office\Office10\winword.exe" "^?{(T=O)Full path of file=^$GetSelection$}"

        H=Open File in External Program
        ; eMailed on 09-14-2004, ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jody
        ; notetab.net, clean-funnies.com, fookes.us, sojourner.us
        ; Choose/browse to program/Select full path or browse to
        ^!"^?{(T=O)Program to open file with}" "^?{(T=O)Full path of file=^$GetSelection$}"

        H=View Image File
        ; eMailed on 09-14-2004, ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jody
        ; notetab.net, clean-funnies.com, fookes.us, sojourner.us
        ; Specific program/selection or browse to
        ^!"E:\Imaging\IView\i_view32.exe" "^?{(T=O)Full path of image=^$GetSelection$}"

        <--- Copy above this line --->
        <--- Right click over a Library --->
        <--- Choose: Add from Clipboard --->