Two files and duplicate removal from one file

  • Robert
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 10, 2004
      Uh ... sorry for this posting on the wrong list. I am on both lists. I have
      no clue how I did that!

      I have experienced a senior moment. It isn't fun.

      Anyway ... thanks in advance if you have a clip that will do this.

      I have two tab delimited database files, a master list, and another "new"
      list. I need to take the entries that are present in both lists out of the
      "new" list, leaving all the other entries intact, and not doing anything to
      the master list.

      Thanks in advance, and again, sorry for posting to the wrong list.

      --Robert

      > I need to remove all the lines in File B that exist in File A, leaving the
      > rest of File B intact.

      I have a clip that might do what you want, but we really should move this to
      the clips list. Are you on that list? If so I'll reply on it.