Re: I need a paragraph reformat command

  • Ben B
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 4, 2004
      On Saturday, Sep 04, 2004
      epement wrote regarding "I need a paragraph reformat command";

      > It should work the way that Ctrl-B works in WordStar or VDE,
      > or how ESC-q works in Emacs. Beginning at the current cursor
      > position, it reformats the paragraph according to pre-set left and
      > right margins. The paragraph reformat stops when the end of the
      > current paragraph is reached.
      >
      > I am aware of the Reformat Lines command (Shift-Ctrl-M) which is
      > available by Modify-->Lines-->Reformat Lines. But this command only
      > works on the current line if the block is not marked first, or
      > requires marking a block to operate on multiple lines, and also
      > requiures pressing ENTER to execute the command. I don't want to mark
      > a block first. (Or, as an alternative, I want the block to be
      > understood as beginning at the current line, and continuing to the
      > next blank line.)

      I'm not familiar with WordStar, VDE, or Emacs but here is a quickly made
      clip that may do what you want. Note that I've made a couple of
      assumptions;
      1) That the "pre-set left and right margins" are right-margin=10 and
      left-margin=45 (i.e. 10+35). You can easily change these.
      2) That the end of the current paragraph is defined as the next
      occurrence of two CR/LF pairs in sequence.

      H="Reformat Lines"
      ^!InsertText ^P
      ^!Set %col%=^$GetCol$
      ^!Set %row%=^$GetRow$
      ^!Find ^P^P
      ^!SelectTo ^%row%:^%col%
      ^!Keyboard Shift+Ctrl+M #10# TAB #35# Enter

      HTH
      Ben
    • Ben B
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 4, 2004
        On Saturday, Sep 04, 2004
        Ben B wrote regarding "I need a paragraph reformat command";

        > 1) That the "pre-set left and right margins" are right-margin=10 and
        > left-margin=45 (i.e. 10+35). You can easily change these.

        That should be;
        1) That the "pre-set left and right margins" are left-margin=10 and
        right-margin=45 (i.e. 10+35).

        Ben