Re: [Clip] Clip to strip URL's only

  • Don Daugherty
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 2, 2004
      > Thanks very much Don!
      > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Don Daugherty" <daugherty@k...>
      > wrote:
      > > I don't know if I have any tested examples. I'll look around and reply
      again if I find one.

      You're welcome. I do have an example to look at. Let me know if you need
      it posted.
    • manon_purple
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 7, 2004
        Hi Don, Yes please post. Thanks very much in advance!

        wrote:
        > You're welcome. I do have an example to look at. Let me know if
        you need
        > it posted.
      • Don Daugherty
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 8, 2004
          > Hi Don, Yes please post. Thanks very much in advance!

          Ok, here goes. The example clip that does the loading and editing is this:

          ; The following "Open" command needs to point to the correct location of the
          library in question.
          ; Most users probably would have it on drive c:\, not d:\
          ^!Open "D:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\Test_Library.clb"
          ; Define %MyStart%, i.e., find and "label" start of desired section (of
          clip)
          ^!Find "H=\"_OpenQPW\"\n" R
          ^!Jump Select_End
          ^!Set %MyStart%=^$GetRow$:^$GetCol$
          ; Define %MyFinish%, i.e., find and "label" finish of desired section (of
          clip), and then Select the section.
          ; If you expect to carry-out more than one search/replace operation, the
          following
          ; six lines would best be placed in a separate clip and called via the
          ^!Clip command.
          ^!SetCursor ^%MyStart%
          ^!Find "H=\"" R
          ^!Jump Select_Start
          ^!Set %MyFinish%=^$GetRow$:^$GetCol$
          ^!SetCursor ^%MyStart%
          ^!SelectTo ^%MyFinish%
          ; Carry out desired search/replace
          ^!Replace "KeyboardDelay 20" >> "Change-1^P" HA
          ; If you have additional search/replace operations to perform,
          ; rerun the six-line routine that defines %MyFinish% and selects the
          section.
          ; Carry out next desired search and replace
          ; ...
          ^!Close Save
          :End

          The Library being edited (viewed as a document) is as follows:

          = V5 MultiLine NoSorting TabWidth=30

          H="Open Finance 2004"
          ^!Clip "OpenQPW" Finance2004.qpw

          H="Open Finance 2003"
          ^!Clip "OpenQPW" Finance2003.qpw

          H="OpenInvestments"
          ^!Clip "OpenQPW" Investments.qpw

          H="_OpenQPW"
          ^!Set %Program%="D:\Program Files\Corel\WordPerfect Office
          2002\Programs\QPW.exe"
          ^!Set %TBar%="Quattro*"
          ^!Set %Specific%="modified"
          ^!Clip "OpenOrFocusApp"
          ;KeyboardDelay 20
          ^!KeyboardDelay 20
          ;KeyboardDelay 20
          ;KeyboardDelay 20
          ;KeyboardDelay 20
          ^!Keyboard Ctrl+O
          ^!Delay 2
          ^!IfMatch "Open\sFile.*" "^$GetAppTitle$" Next Else Skip_-1
          ^!Keyboard #e:\MySpreadsheets\Finance\^&# Enter
          ^!Delay 2
          ^!IfMatch "Hotlinks" "^$GetAppTitle$" Next Else Skip_-1
          ^!Keyboard u Enter
          ^!Delay 10
          ^!Keyboard ALT+F2 #NonAutoBegin# Enter
          ^!MinimizeApp
          ^!FocusApp "^%TBar%"

          H="Get Market Data"
          ;KeyboardDelay 20
          ;KeyboardDelay 20
          ;KeyboardDelay 20
          ;KeyboardDelay 20
          ^!Set %Path%="e:\MySpreadsheets\Finance\"
          ^!Clip "Choices"
          ^!If ^%Yahoo%>0 Next Else Skip
          ^!Clip "Get Yahoo"
          ^!If ^%Tnavs%>0 Next Else Skip
          ^!Clip "Get Cref NAVs"
          ^!If ^%Rrate%>0 Next Else Skip
          ^!Clip "Get Rukeyser Ratings"
          ^!If ^%Trate%>0 Next Else Skip
          ^!Clip "Get Cref Ratings"
          ^!If ^%M500%>0 Next Else Skip
          ^!Clip "Get Morningstar 500"
          ^!If ^%M2042%>0 Next Else Skip
          ^!Clip "Get Morningstar 2042"
          ^!Continue Process Market Data now?
          ^!Clip "Process Market Data"
          :End

          ;KeyboardDelay 20
          ;KeyboardDelay 20
          ;KeyboardDelay 20
        • manon_purple
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 10, 2004
            Don, thanks very much. A good one for learning and experimenting
            with!

            wrote:
            > > Hi Don, Yes please post. Thanks very much in advance!
            > >

            > Ok, here goes. The example clip that does the loading and editing
            is this:

          • Robert
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 10, 2004
              Uh ... sorry for this posting on the wrong list. I am on both lists. I have
              no clue how I did that!

              I have experienced a senior moment. It isn't fun.

              Anyway ... thanks in advance if you have a clip that will do this.

              I have two tab delimited database files, a master list, and another "new"
              list. I need to take the entries that are present in both lists out of the
              "new" list, leaving all the other entries intact, and not doing anything to
              the master list.

              Thanks in advance, and again, sorry for posting to the wrong list.

              --Robert

              > I need to remove all the lines in File B that exist in File A, leaving the
              > rest of File B intact.

              I have a clip that might do what you want, but we really should move this to
              the clips list. Are you on that list? If so I'll reply on it.