Re: [Clip] SetWizardLabel problem

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2, 2004
      Hi Dave,

      >Anybody know why
      >^!SetWizardLabel "xyz" does not work?

      Change from ^?[Brackets] to ^?{Braces} That'll fix you right up.

      ^!SetWizardLabel "Attributes for the CFPROCPARAM tag"
      ^!InsertWizardHtml <CFPROCPARAM TYPE="^?{Type=_In|Out|InOut}" cfsqltype="^? {CFSQLTYPE=_CF_SQL_CHAR|CF_SQL_DATE|CF_SQL_DECIMAL|CF_SQL_DOUBLE|CF_S QL_FLOAT|CF_SQL_INTEGER|CF_SQL_IDSTAMP|CF_SQL_SMALLINT|CF_SQL_LONGVAR CHAR|CF_SQL_MONEY|CF_SQL_MONEY4|CF_SQL_NUMERIC|CF_SQL_REAL|CF_SQL_SMA LLINT|CF_SQL_TIME|CF_SQL_TIMESTAMP|CF_SQL_TINYINT|CF_SQL_VARCHAR}" NULL="^?{Null=Yes|_No}" VALUE="^?{VALUE=}" DBVARNAME="@^?{dbVarName=}" MAXLENGTH="^?{maxLength=}" >^p^p

    • Dave Evartt
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 2, 2004
        Thanks, that did the trick. Is this documented anywhere? It seesm
        that whilre there are numerous examples of clips, I've found nothing
        like "the programmer's guide to clip programming". One of the
        problems is that after learning more than 40 programming languages,
        one still needs to see examples of very simple uses of functions
        or try a very large number of possible syntaxes and after awhile
        they tend get get lost in the mix.

        Is there something besides the libraries themselves and the help
        file that can be used to learn how to use the Clip Language?

        maybe it's time that someone wrote the 'dummies guide to Clip
        Programming" I'll buy a copy.

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 2, 2004
          Hi Dave,

          >Thanks, that did the trick. Is this documented anywhere? It seesm
          >that whilre there are numerous examples of clips, I've found
          >nothing like "the programmer's guide to clip programming". One of
          >the problems is that after learning more than 40 programming
          >languages, one still needs to see examples of very simple uses of
          >functions or try a very large number of possible syntaxes and
          >after awhile they tend get get lost in the mix.
          >
          >Is there something besides the libraries themselves and the help
          >file that can be used to learn how to use the Clip Language?
          >
          >maybe it's time that someone wrote the 'dummies guide to Clip
          >Programming" I'll buy a copy.

          haha! I've had a pay version in mind and working on/off on for a
          few years. <vbg> I'd be more than happy to put it on a CD with
          your registered Fookes Software for the regular cost of the CD -
          $10.00. ;) (I better check real quick to see if I mentioned
          ^!SetWizardLabel and ^!SetWizardTitle in it. If not, I'll update
          it real quick. Lesson Two goes in depth on braced and bracketed
          wizards.

          The following is a download for a Clipbook programming tutorial
          designed to walk you through Clip writing. It includes "Getting
          Started" (which is a web page with a number of images displaying
          different parts of NoteTab that deals with Clipbooks), making a
          Clipbook Library, adding Clips, and editing Clips, on to more
          difficult Clip writing. Be sure to read the Introduction also.
          Open ClipTut.clb and then click on the ClipTut.otl Outline Clip
          to open the Outline.

          All the contents of the zip files go in NoteTab's Libraries
          folder. http://www.notetab.net/zip/cliptut.zip

          You can also sign up for the NoteTab Clips List to get answers to
          Clip questions, but please do not post there concerning the
          tutorial. NoteTab Clips Subscribe & Edit Options:

          Subscribe, unSubscribe, Options

          Happy Clip'n! Jody

          http://www.notetab.net http://www.notetab.net/html/cd-info.htm