SetWizardLabel problem

  • Dave Evartt
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2, 2004
      Anybody know why
      ^!SetWizardLabel "xyz" does not work?

      I have seen it in a thousnad clips but in my clips, they never seem
      to work in mine

      Here is an example of a nonworking instance:

      =====================
      ^!SetWizardLabel "Attributes for the CFPROCPARAM tag"
      ^!InsertWizardHtml <CFPROCPARAM TYPE="^?[Type=_In|Out|InOut]"
      cfsqltype="^?
      [CFSQLTYPE=_CF_SQL_CHAR|CF_SQL_DATE|CF_SQL_DECIMAL|CF_SQL_DOUBLE|CF_S
      QL_FLOAT|CF_SQL_INTEGER|CF_SQL_IDSTAMP|CF_SQL_SMALLINT|CF_SQL_LONGVAR
      CHAR|CF_SQL_MONEY|CF_SQL_MONEY4|CF_SQL_NUMERIC|CF_SQL_REAL|CF_SQL_SMA
      LLINT|CF_SQL_TIME|CF_SQL_TIMESTAMP|CF_SQL_TINYINT|CF_SQL_VARCHAR]"
      NULL="^?[Null=Yes|_No]" VALUE="^?[VALUE=]" DBVARNAME="@^?
      [dbVarName=]" MAXLENGTH="^?[maxLength=]" >^p^p
      =======================
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 2, 2004
        Hi Dave,

        >Anybody know why
        >^!SetWizardLabel "xyz" does not work?

        Change from ^?[Brackets] to ^?{Braces} That'll fix you right up.

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 2, 2004
          Thanks, that did the trick. Is this documented anywhere? It seesm
          that whilre there are numerous examples of clips, I've found nothing
          like "the programmer's guide to clip programming". One of the
          problems is that after learning more than 40 programming languages,
          one still needs to see examples of very simple uses of functions
          or try a very large number of possible syntaxes and after awhile
          they tend get get lost in the mix.

          Is there something besides the libraries themselves and the help
          file that can be used to learn how to use the Clip Language?

          maybe it's time that someone wrote the 'dummies guide to Clip
          Programming" I'll buy a copy.

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 2, 2004
            Hi Dave,

            >Thanks, that did the trick. Is this documented anywhere? It seesm
            >that whilre there are numerous examples of clips, I've found
            >nothing like "the programmer's guide to clip programming". One of
            >the problems is that after learning more than 40 programming
            >languages, one still needs to see examples of very simple uses of
            >functions or try a very large number of possible syntaxes and
            >after awhile they tend get get lost in the mix.
            >
            >Is there something besides the libraries themselves and the help
            >file that can be used to learn how to use the Clip Language?
            >
            >maybe it's time that someone wrote the 'dummies guide to Clip
            >Programming" I'll buy a copy.

            haha! I've had a pay version in mind and working on/off on for a
            few years. <vbg> I'd be more than happy to put it on a CD with
            your registered Fookes Software for the regular cost of the CD -
            $10.00. ;) (I better check real quick to see if I mentioned
            ^!SetWizardLabel and ^!SetWizardTitle in it. If not, I'll update
            it real quick. Lesson Two goes in depth on braced and bracketed
            wizards.

            The following is a download for a Clipbook programming tutorial
            designed to walk you through Clip writing. It includes "Getting
            Started" (which is a web page with a number of images displaying
            different parts of NoteTab that deals with Clipbooks), making a
            Clipbook Library, adding Clips, and editing Clips, on to more
            difficult Clip writing. Be sure to read the Introduction also.
            Open ClipTut.clb and then click on the ClipTut.otl Outline Clip
            to open the Outline.

            All the contents of the zip files go in NoteTab's Libraries
            folder. http://www.notetab.net/zip/cliptut.zip

            You can also sign up for the NoteTab Clips List to get answers to
            Clip questions, but please do not post there concerning the
            tutorial. NoteTab Clips Subscribe & Edit Options:

            Subscribe, unSubscribe, Options

            Happy Clip'n! Jody

            http://www.notetab.net http://www.notetab.net/html/cd-info.htm