Re: [Clip] Find and Replace in a csv-file (only a specified column)

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 1, 2004
      Bauke & Patricia
      (with Jody's forbearance I hope)

      Both these tasks can be done with Jody's clip stuff and/or purpose-built
      clips I think, but if what you really want is to get the job done without
      necessarily becoming a clip maven :-) there is a freeware program designed
      to work with CVS files which amongst many other very neat manipulations will
      do find and replace in specific columns.

      Have a look at:
      CVSed http://home.hccnet.nl/s.j.francke/software/software.htm

      FWIW: this was originally recommended to me by David Elliot on one of the
      Notetab lists (probably OFF-TOPIC) where any future discussion of this
      program should more properly be directed.

      Regards ... Alec