Re: [Clip] Clip to strip URL's only

  • manon_purple
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 1, 2004
      Thanks very much Don!
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Don Daugherty" <daugherty@k...>
      wrote:
      > I don't know if I have any tested examples. I'll look around and
      reply
      > again if I find one.
      > TIS is a set of options that apply to ^!Find and ^!Replace
      operations. They
      > are found under those commands in the Help menu for Clip
      Programming. "T"
      > probably isn't needed, "I" is for case independence, and "S" is
      for "silent"
      > execution, i.e., no interruptions by message boxes.
    • Don Daugherty
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 2, 2004
        > Thanks very much Don!
        > --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "Don Daugherty" <daugherty@k...>
        > wrote:
        > > I don't know if I have any tested examples. I'll look around and reply
        again if I find one.

        You're welcome. I do have an example to look at. Let me know if you need
        it posted.
      • manon_purple
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 7, 2004
          Hi Don, Yes please post. Thanks very much in advance!

          wrote:
          > You're welcome. I do have an example to look at. Let me know if
          you need
          > it posted.
        • Don Daugherty
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 8, 2004
            > Hi Don, Yes please post. Thanks very much in advance!

            Ok, here goes. The example clip that does the loading and editing is this:

            ; The following "Open" command needs to point to the correct location of the
            library in question.
            ; Most users probably would have it on drive c:\, not d:\
            ^!Open "D:\Program Files\NoteTab Pro\Libraries\Test_Library.clb"
            ; Define %MyStart%, i.e., find and "label" start of desired section (of
            clip)
            ^!Find "H=\"_OpenQPW\"\n" R
            ^!Jump Select_End
            ^!Set %MyStart%=^$GetRow$:^$GetCol$
            ; Define %MyFinish%, i.e., find and "label" finish of desired section (of
            clip), and then Select the section.
            ; If you expect to carry-out more than one search/replace operation, the
            following
            ; six lines would best be placed in a separate clip and called via the
            ^!Clip command.
            ^!SetCursor ^%MyStart%
            ^!Find "H=\"" R
            ^!Jump Select_Start
            ^!Set %MyFinish%=^$GetRow$:^$GetCol$
            ^!SetCursor ^%MyStart%
            ^!SelectTo ^%MyFinish%
            ; Carry out desired search/replace
            ^!Replace "KeyboardDelay 20" >> "Change-1^P" HA
            ; If you have additional search/replace operations to perform,
            ; rerun the six-line routine that defines %MyFinish% and selects the
            section.
            ; Carry out next desired search and replace
            ; ...
            ^!Close Save
            :End

            The Library being edited (viewed as a document) is as follows:

            = V5 MultiLine NoSorting TabWidth=30

            H="Open Finance 2004"
            ^!Clip "OpenQPW" Finance2004.qpw

            H="Open Finance 2003"
            ^!Clip "OpenQPW" Finance2003.qpw

            H="OpenInvestments"
            ^!Clip "OpenQPW" Investments.qpw

            H="_OpenQPW"
            ^!Set %Program%="D:\Program Files\Corel\WordPerfect Office
            2002\Programs\QPW.exe"
            ^!Set %TBar%="Quattro*"
            ^!Set %Specific%="modified"
            ^!Clip "OpenOrFocusApp"
            ;KeyboardDelay 20
            ^!KeyboardDelay 20
            ;KeyboardDelay 20
            ;KeyboardDelay 20
            ;KeyboardDelay 20
            ^!Keyboard Ctrl+O
            ^!Delay 2
            ^!IfMatch "Open\sFile.*" "^$GetAppTitle$" Next Else Skip_-1
            ^!Keyboard #e:\MySpreadsheets\Finance\^&# Enter
            ^!Delay 2
            ^!IfMatch "Hotlinks" "^$GetAppTitle$" Next Else Skip_-1
            ^!Keyboard u Enter
            ^!Delay 10
            ^!Keyboard ALT+F2 #NonAutoBegin# Enter
            ^!MinimizeApp
            ^!FocusApp "^%TBar%"

            H="Get Market Data"
            ;KeyboardDelay 20
            ;KeyboardDelay 20
            ;KeyboardDelay 20
            ;KeyboardDelay 20
            ^!Set %Path%="e:\MySpreadsheets\Finance\"
            ^!Clip "Choices"
            ^!If ^%Yahoo%>0 Next Else Skip
            ^!Clip "Get Yahoo"
            ^!If ^%Tnavs%>0 Next Else Skip
            ^!Clip "Get Cref NAVs"
            ^!If ^%Rrate%>0 Next Else Skip
            ^!Clip "Get Rukeyser Ratings"
            ^!If ^%Trate%>0 Next Else Skip
            ^!Clip "Get Cref Ratings"
            ^!If ^%M500%>0 Next Else Skip
            ^!Clip "Get Morningstar 500"
            ^!If ^%M2042%>0 Next Else Skip
            ^!Clip "Get Morningstar 2042"
            ^!Continue Process Market Data now?
            ^!Clip "Process Market Data"
            :End

            ;KeyboardDelay 20
            ;KeyboardDelay 20
            ;KeyboardDelay 20
          • manon_purple
            Message 5 of 14 , Sep 10, 2004
              Don, thanks very much. A good one for learning and experimenting
              with!

              wrote:
              > > Hi Don, Yes please post. Thanks very much in advance!
              > >

              > Ok, here goes. The example clip that does the loading and editing
              is this:

            • Robert
              Message 6 of 14 , Sep 10, 2004
                Uh ... sorry for this posting on the wrong list. I am on both lists. I have
                no clue how I did that!

                I have experienced a senior moment. It isn't fun.

                Anyway ... thanks in advance if you have a clip that will do this.

                I have two tab delimited database files, a master list, and another "new"
                list. I need to take the entries that are present in both lists out of the
                "new" list, leaving all the other entries intact, and not doing anything to
                the master list.

                Thanks in advance, and again, sorry for posting to the wrong list.

                --Robert

                > I need to remove all the lines in File B that exist in File A, leaving the
                > rest of File B intact.

                I have a clip that might do what you want, but we really should move this to
                the clips list. Are you on that list? If so I'll reply on it.