Re: Clip to strip URL's only

  • manon_purple
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 29, 2004
      Thank you for your reply! There appear to be many different ways to
      write a clip. This one has a problem my
      own attempts have as well: it does not operate properly on a
      selection in a HTML table for example, with new lines for <tr>,
      intact.
      As for your question, no I wouldn't know how to make it work
      regardless of linebreaks, whitespace etc. Have been looking at it
      all weekend, no luck.
      But I did find the meaning of T, I, S and the others in the help
      file. At least one thing..... ;-)
      Well, you never know, maybe someone knows.
      Thanks for your help!
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "prlproductmanager"
      <rayellen.gilles@v...> wrote:
      > Here's a clip I bastardized from some html stuff I downloaded from
      > Jody. It finds the next <a href (case insensitive), selects from
      > there to the > deletes, then deletes the next </a> It goes home a
      > If the html file you are processing has some screwy line breaks
      like:
      > <a
      > href
      > this clip doesn't work.
      > Also, if the html is missing or has extra </a> it gets messy.

      > Anyone got a fix for that?
      > Rayellen Gilles
      > MediRegs.
      ==SNIPPED the clip code for sake of brevity==