Re: [Clip] Need help with clip

  • Larry Hamilton
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 26, 2004
      Linda,

      If the last spot is always the last heading in an outline, here is an
      example I use at work. I am salaried, but I track my start and end of
      the day to show my boss how much I'm doing.

      Anyway, here's the basics of the clip:

      ^!Open c:\notetab\documents\time_tracker.otl
      ;^$IsOutlineDoc$
      ^!Jump Doc_End

      ^!AddHeading ^$GetDate("mmmm dd, yyyy")$

      The ^!Jump Doc_End will go to the end of the outline, or any other text
      file.

      If you want to set the file to open where you left off when you re-start
      NoteTab, there is a setting under View > Options and check Reload Open
      Documents. This works for both otl and regular text file. I am using
      NotePro right now, but as I recall Light and Standard function the same way.

      From Help:

      Reload Open Documents: Use this option if you want the documents that
      were open when you closed the editor to be reopened next time you start
      the editor. Files that no longer exist are ignored by this feature.

      If you mean something else, that does not involve a bookmark, it will
      probably take a clip setting a variable that gets saved in the
      NoteTab.ini or a custom ini file.

      I seem to vaguely remember, did Larry Thomas or someone else do a clip
      doing something like this with bookmarks? Perhaps a search of the
      archives, or someone with a better memory, or a clip at hand, might have
      more to offer.

      HTH,

      Larry Hamilton
      lmh@...