Re: [Clip] Need help with clip

  • Dave & Linda Guss
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 26, 2004
      Thank you for the clip Hugo-it works great.

      In an outline, I would like to be able to go the last spot I was at in a topic without setting a bookmark. Is there a way to do this? (The reason for not wanting a bookmark is because the "last spot" is always changing.

      Linda
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 26, 2004
        Linda,

        If the last spot is always the last heading in an outline, here is an
        example I use at work. I am salaried, but I track my start and end of
        the day to show my boss how much I'm doing.

        Anyway, here's the basics of the clip:

        ^!Open c:\notetab\documents\time_tracker.otl
        ;^$IsOutlineDoc$
        ^!Jump Doc_End

        ^!AddHeading ^$GetDate("mmmm dd, yyyy")$

        The ^!Jump Doc_End will go to the end of the outline, or any other text
        file.

        If you want to set the file to open where you left off when you re-start
        NoteTab, there is a setting under View > Options and check Reload Open
        Documents. This works for both otl and regular text file. I am using
        NotePro right now, but as I recall Light and Standard function the same way.

        From Help:

        Reload Open Documents: Use this option if you want the documents that
        were open when you closed the editor to be reopened next time you start
        the editor. Files that no longer exist are ignored by this feature.

        If you mean something else, that does not involve a bookmark, it will
        probably take a clip setting a variable that gets saved in the
        NoteTab.ini or a custom ini file.

        I seem to vaguely remember, did Larry Thomas or someone else do a clip
        doing something like this with bookmarks? Perhaps a search of the
        archives, or someone with a better memory, or a clip at hand, might have
        more to offer.

        HTH,

        Larry Hamilton
        lmh@...