Re: [Clip] RegEx to replace strings -- not working?

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 6, 2004
      maxgrenkowitz wrote:
      > Hello Good People,
      >
      > I am trying to replace numbers with dashes between them to numbers
      > with dashes.
      > It is required for referencing e.g. page numbers: 23-44, which
      > should really be 23–44
      >
      > The following RegEx (running in a clip) changes my find string to
      > nothing:
      > ^!Replace "\d-\d" >> "\1\–\2" AISHR
      >
      > Can someone point me into the right direction or even a correction,
      > please?
      >
      > Thanks and regards,
      > Max
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      maxgrenkowitz,

      ^!Replace {\d+}\-{\d+} >> \1\–\2 ISHRA
      -Worksforme

      1-55
      2-3
      22-44
      66-77

      On the Find side the surrounding characters are curly braces, not parens.

      Works when list is selected or any members of list are selected. The
      'H' option restricts the replace function to pre-selected numbers.
      Remove option 'H' if numbers are not pre-selected.

      hrs