Re: [Clip] Convert Outline to text file

  • Dick Gascoigne
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 3 2:52 AM
      Hi, everyone -
      Thanks Jim, Jody, Melchior and HSavage for all your good suggestions.

      The Insert File works best for me - I hadn't even thought of it until
      reading Melchior's message.

      Before I saw HSavage's clip I had written a quick and dirty one to do
      somewhat the same. But I like yours better :-)

      If anyone is interested, the document starts out as a computer program with
      many subroutines - all in one several-thousand line text file. I run a clip
      that finds each subroutine name, and pastes an "^PH=<name>" line above it,
      then saves the file as an .otl.

      That makes it easy to jump back and forth between the subroutines to follow
      the Call's. But, after making changes to the code, I needed to strip out the
      H= lines to get back to the original form. Now I can !

      Works slick now. Thanks again.

      Dick in Singapore