sending focused file as an email attachment

  • Julie
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 2, 2004
      hi folks!

      I am trying to write a simple clip that will send the focused document in
      Notetab as an attachment to my email program. The ^!Keyboard command
      obviously won't paste the variable info into the "Attach File" window in
      the email client. What's a simple way to do this?
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 2, 2004
        Hi Julie,

        >I am trying to write a simple clip that will send the focused document in
        >Notetab as an attachment to my email program. The ^!Keyboard command
        >obviously won't paste the variable info into the "Attach File" window in
        >the email client. What's a simple way to do this?

        With NoteTab of course. <g>

        In my eMailStuff, I added a Clip, a few down from top, named:

        Send Eudora w/ Attachment Sends and attachment by option using Eudora - special Clip for Julie G., a great moderator for me on the NoteTab mailing lists!

        http://www.notetab.net/zip/emailstuff.zip

        There's a lot of formatting Clips and tips in it.

        I didn't need any delay, but added it anyway. If you have
        problems, let me know and I'll check for Eudora being focused
        before sending the attachment line. (This assumes that your
        version is using Alt+A from the body to get to the attachment
        field.

        <--- Copy below this line --->
        H=Send Eudora w/ Attachment Sends and attachment by option using Eudora - special Clip for Julie G., a great moderator for me on the NoteTab mailing lists!
        ; eMailed on 08-02-2004, ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jody
        ; notetab.net, clean-funnies.com, fookes.us, sojourner.us

        ^!Set %Addie%=^?{eMail &address=_Jody@...|^=}; %Subject%=^?{eMail &subject=^$GetSelection$}; %GetText%=^?{&Use text from focused document to eMail message?=_Yes^=+|No^=}; %Attach%=^?{(T=O)Add attachment=F:\NoteTab Pro\Documents\Affiliates\affiliate-fookes.ja}
        ^!eMail ^%Addie%;^%Subject%;^%GetText%
        ^!FocusApp "Eudora*"
        ; I didn't need any delay, but added it anyway.
        ^!Delay 5
        ^!Keyboard Alt+A #^%Attach%;# Tab

        <--- Copy above this line --->
        <--- Right click over a Library --->
        <--- Choose: Add from Clipboard --->

      • Julie
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 2, 2004
          That worked great once I changed alt+A to ctrl+H ;-). Thanks Jody!

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 2, 2004
            Hi Julie,

            >That worked great once I changed alt+A to ctrl+H ;-). Thanks Jody!

            You know there is a $5.00 charge for editing my Clips from Alt+A
            to Ctrl+H?

            http://www.notetab.net/html/paypal.htm ;)

            Actually, I see I have a Ctrl+H also which would indeed be
            better. I'll change the Clip and upload.

            >>H=Send Eudora w/ Attachment

            See ya in the funnies,
            Jody Adair, Prov. 15:15

            http://www.clean-funnies.com
          • Julie
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 2, 2004
              Hey Jody,

              >You know there is a $5.00 charge for editing my Clips from Alt+A
              >to Ctrl+H?

              I'll take that under advisement. Be aware, though, the cost of per
              person/message moderation will be increasing incrementally from here on it ;-).

              Better not tell ya the rest of the tweaking I did to that clip!

              Julie :-)