Re: [Clip] Changing numbers to hyperlinks in 1647 HTML pages

  • Jeff Scism
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 1, 2004
      ^!set %prev%=^$strcopyright("000^$calc(^$getname(^##)$-1)$";3)$.htm
      ^!insert <a href="^%prev%">nnn</a>

      This would insert the following to file 007.htm

      Nice clip, but in this case the "Parent" is REALLY the Parent, of the
      individual, and the page referenced may not be the previous page in order.

      Thanks, THIS one does look useful.
      --
      ~~

      Jeffery G. Scism. IBSSG

      "Just the facts, maam."
      Sgt. Joe Friday,
      LAPD Badge #714
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 1, 2004
        Hi Jeff,

        Sorry, forgot the link, although you already have it in the Library. ;)
        There's some options as well in the Clip...

        NoteTabbers Assistant Library Page
        http://www.notetab.net/html/library.htm
        Direct download for DirStuff
        http://www.notetab.net/zip/dirstuff.zip

        I think I made what you want. Look in the latest (uploaded) DirStuff for:

        Update History
        ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
        08-01-2004 Added "No. word" to link..." Special HTML link formatter

        It's under the --- Format Links --- section. If you get "Out of Memory"
        errors, you'll need to do it on smaller amounts of files at a time and
        possibly restart NoteTab each set. Definitely make backups!

        >Each of 1647 HTML pages needs to link to the proper "parent" document.
        >
        >The pages are in the SAME directory, and are numbered 01-1647.htm with a
        >few of them suffixed with the lower case a,b,c, etc.
        >
        >The line I need to change is formatted as follows:
        >
        >(Son of No. 1) through (Son of No. 1646)
        >
        >The goal is to via directory replacement clip, to change each NUMBER
        >that follows "No. " into a hyperlink
        >This clip works for that:
        >^!INSERT <A HREF="^&.htm">^&</A>
        >

        >How do I get the program to find the "No. " in each document and select
        >the word AFTER it for the Insert conversion to a link?
        >
        >I am already using the DIRSTUFF clips to do the sequential changes on
        >some other portions of webpages, but I am looking for the process of
        >selecting the next word (which is a sequentially numbered reference),
        >for the Looped Clip running.
        >
        >FLOW CHART:
        >
        >Select directory (this I can do)
        >Find in all Documents "No. " (this I can do)
        >SELECT the word AFTER "No. " to the clipboard
        >^!INSERT <A HREF="^&.htm">^&</A> (this I can do)
        >Close and save silently
        >loop to Next document in the directory (this I can do)

      • Jeff Scism
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 1, 2004
          OK Ben's solution worked within the DIRSTUFF code pakage, except on
          single digit page Numbers (1-9) which I did manually in the TEST files.

          (Now I have to chamge the extensions from *.bak back to *.htm...
          --
          ~~

          Jeffery G. Scism. IBSSG

          "Just the facts, maam."