Re: [Clip] Sort ascending clip?

  • Tuomo Lindell
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 10, 2004
      Hi!

      I used this clip sort paragraphs " Do titles", but it doesn't work?

      Tuomo
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 11, 2004
        Tuomo Lindell wrote:

> [...]

        I read your first posts and thought you might have a clip. I did go
        ahead and work on your sorting problem though.

        I copied the examples from your post and made a slightly larger file
        with several dupes in it. I wrote a short clip specifically for your
        need. It works OK, you just need to run it on a file that follows your
        examples, each paragraph separated by a blank line and no other text, at
        least until after you do the sort.

        This clip uses character substitution to make one long line of each
        PARAGRAPH, then sorts these lines, you can set Case sensitivity although
        you shouldn't need that. You can set Ascending or Descending sort order
        and you can select to leave or remove duplicates.

        The clip is below, between the dashed lines, you can use it as a single
        clip clipbook by pasting it into a blank document, save it with .clb
        extension to your NoteTab Libraries folder, or, just add it, minus the
        line that begins with = V5, to an existing library and run it from there.

        I think there is only one line long enough to be wrapped during
        emailing, I have it separated with an empty comment line above and below it.

        The file with the data to sort should be opened and focused before you
        run the clip.

        -----------------------------------
        = V5 MultiLine NoSorting TabWidth=30

        H="Aamu Sort"
        ^!SetWordWrap 0
        ^!Set %case%=^?{Case Sensitive==YES^=1|_NO^=0}
        ^!Set %=order%=^?{Sort Order==_ASCENDING^=1|DESCENDING^=0}
        ^!Set %%=rmvdupes%=^?{Remove Dupes==YES^=1|_NO^=0}
        ^!Jump TEXT_END
        ^!InsertText ^p
        ^!Jump 1
        ^!SetDebug 0
        ^!Replace ^p^p >> (crcr) TIWSA
        ^!Replace ^p >> (cr) TIWSA
        ^!Replace (crcr) >> ^p TIWSA
        ^!Select ALL
        ;
        ^$StrTrim(^$StrSort("^$GetSelection$";^%case%;^%order%;^%rmvdupes%)$)$
        ;
        ;^!ToolBar SORT ASCENDING
        ;^$StrTrim("^$GetSelection$")$
        ^!Replace ^p >> ^p^p TIWSA
        ^!Replace (cr) >> ^p TIWSA

        This is an file I used to make the clip.

        AAMU
        Tekstiä tulee tähän paljon.

        TALVI
        Silloin on lunta ja pimeää, joskus on lämpimämpää ja joskus saa
        kipristellä kovissa pakkasissa.

        ILTA
        Kirjoitan tekstin tähän

        KESÄ
        Se on ihanaa aikaa.
        Sataa ja paistaa.
        Uintikin maittaa.

        AAMU
        Tekstiä tulee tähän paljon.

        ILTA
        Kirjoitan tekstin tähän

        TALVI
        Silloin on lunta ja pimeää, joskus on lämpimämpää ja joskus saa
        kipristellä kovissa pakkasissa.

        ILTA
        Kirjoitan tekstin tähän

        AAMU
        Tekstiä tulee tähän paljon.

        TALVI
        Silloin on lunta ja pimeää, joskus on lämpimämpää ja joskus saa
        kipristellä kovissa pakkasissa.

        LOPPU
        Tähän esimerkki loppuu

        hrs
      • hsavage
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 11, 2004
          Tuomo Lindell wrote:

          >Hi!
          >
          > I used this clip sort paragraphs " Do titles", but it doesn't work?

          Tuomo,

          There are slight errors in 3 lines of the clip, use this copy to add
          into your library.

          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 12, 2004
            Hi,

            I'm sorry my english! But I like to tell you that I mean this:

            Here is my original text:

            AAMU
            Tekstiä tulee tähän paljon.

            TALVI
            Silloin on lunta ja pimeää, joskus on lämpimämpää ja joskus saa kipristellä kovissa pakkasissa.

            ILTA
            Kirjoitan tekstin tähän

            KESÄ
            Se on ihanaa aikaa.
            Sataa ja paistaa.
            Uintikin maittaa.

            LOPPU
            Tähän esimerkki loppuu

            ----------------------

            And it must be after ascending:

            AAMU
            Tekstiä tulee tähän paljon.

            ILTA
            Kirjoitan tekstin tähän

            KESÄ
            Se on ihanaa aikaa.
            Sataa ja paistaa.
            Uintikin maittaa.

            LOPPU
            Tähän esimerkki loppuu

            TALVI
            Silloin on lunta ja pimeää, joskus on lämpimämpää ja joskus saa kipristellä kovissa pakkasissa.

            Thanks to you very much! Could you like to help me once more?

            Tuomo

            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          • Tuomo Lindell
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 12, 2004
              Hi,

              I got Clip syntax error in line 14.
              And this clip doesn't make ascending what I want.
              I get this kind of ascending:

              AAMU(cr)Tekstiä tulee tähän paljon.
              TALVI(cr)Silloin on lunta ja pimeää, joskus on lämpimämpää ja joskus saa (cr)kipristellä kovissa pakkasissa.
              ILTA(cr)Kirjoitan tekstin tähän
              KESÄ(cr)Se on ihanaa aikaa.(cr)Sataa ja paistaa.(cr)Uintikin maittaa.
              AAMU(cr)Tekstiä tulee tähän paljon.
              ILTA(cr)Kirjoitan tekstin tähän
              TALVI(cr)Silloin on lunta ja pimeää, joskus on lämpimämpää ja joskus saa (cr)kipristellä kovissa pakkasissa.
              ILTA(cr)Kirjoitan tekstin tähän
              AAMU(cr)Tekstiä tulee tähän paljon.
              TALVI(cr)Silloin on lunta ja pimeää, joskus on lämpimämpää ja joskus saa (cr)kipristellä kovissa pakkasissa.
              LOPPU(cr)Tähän esimerkki loppuu(cr)

              Tuomo

              > I used this clip sort paragraphs " Do titles", but it doesn't work?

              Tuomo,

              There are slight errors in 3 lines of the clip, use this copy to add
              into your library.

              H="Aamu Sort"
              ^!SetWordWrap 0
              ^!Set %case%=^?[Case Sensitive==YES^=1|_NO^=0]
              ^!Set %=order%=^?[Sort Order==_ASCENDING^=1|DESCENDING^=0]
              ^!Set %=rmvdupes%=^?[Remove Dupes==YES^=1|_NO^=0]
              ^!Jump TEXT_END
              ^!InsertText ^p
              ^!Jump 1
              ^!SetDebug 0
              ^!Replace ^p^p >> (crcr) TIWSA
              ^!Replace ^p >> (cr) TIWSA
              ^!Replace (crcr) >> ^p TIWSA
              ^!Select ALL
              ;
              ^$StrTrim(^$StrSort("^$GetSelection$";^%case%;^%order%;^%rmvdupes%)$)$
              ;
              ^!Replace ^p >> ^p^p TIWSA
              ^!Replace (cr) >> ^p TIWSA

              hrs

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

            • Alan
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 12, 2004
                Hi,

                I haven't been following this.

                But (in looking for unique things) it appears that either

                1. find for each of: "**if line size or character length is less than (6
                or 7)**". In that way, get all the headers-only then sort the headers.
                then, match the body pieces from the unsorted one at a time and put
                them in the appropriate place in the sorted.

                OR

                2.
                ; make blank line the delimiter
                setdelimiter ^p^p
                setarray %myarray% getselection-get-the-ENTIRE-text

                then look/get or copy over elsewhere the first (or header) line of each
                of the array indices while also simultaneously somehow tag or note which
                particular array indice is associated with which particular header (so
                as to later, after sorting the headers-only, then take that sorted order
                of the headers and use it to re order the output of the array indices,
                not output in their original order, but, instead output do
                %myarray9%, %myarray14%, %myarray7%, %myarray5%, %myarray3%

                Or, am I turning something simple into rocket science? (overcomplicating)

                Later. Alan.

                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 12, 2004
                  Tuomo Lindell wrote:

                  >Hi,
                  >
                  >I got Clip syntax error in line 14.
                  >And this clip doesn't make ascending what I want.
                  >I get this kind of ascending:
                  >
                  >AAMU(cr)Tekstiä tulee tähän paljon.
                  >TALVI(cr)Silloin on lunta ja pimeää, joskus on lämpimämpää ja joskus saa (cr)kipristellä kovissa pakkasissa.
                  >ILTA(cr)Kirjoitan tekstin tähän
                  >KESÄ(cr)Se on ihanaa aikaa.(cr)Sataa ja paistaa.(cr)Uintikin maittaa.
                  >AAMU(cr)Tekstiä tulee tähän paljon.
                  >ILTA(cr)Kirjoitan tekstin tähän
                  >TALVI(cr)Silloin on lunta ja pimeää, joskus on lämpimämpää ja joskus saa (cr)kipristellä kovissa pakkasissa.
                  >ILTA(cr)Kirjoitan tekstin tähän
                  >AAMU(cr)Tekstiä tulee tähän paljon.
                  >TALVI(cr)Silloin on lunta ja pimeää, joskus on lämpimämpää ja joskus saa (cr)kipristellä kovissa pakkasissa.
                  >LOPPU(cr)Tähän esimerkki loppuu(cr)
                  >
                  >Tuomo

                  Tuomo,

                  This sort is not finished. Line 14, with the error, is the Sort line,
                  although the error. was introduced earlier in the clip.

                  Sorry for all the trouble you're having. I caused it with a silly
                  oversight when correcting the first copy I sent.

                  This copy of the clip is, hopefully, trouble-free. Please try it.

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 13, 2004
                    Hi Tuomo,

                    Try Sort Paragraphs like I mentioned below. :)

                    > I used this clip sort paragraphs " Do titles", but it doesn't work?
                    >
                    >Tuomo

                  • Tuomo
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jul 13, 2004
                      Hi,

                      Thank you very much. Now this clip works OK.

                      Regards,
                      Tuomo