Re: [Clip] Re: NoteTab software.

  • Alan C.
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 5, 2004
      On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 23:31:19 -0700, Alan C. wrote:
      >�On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 14:48:01 +1000, Richard Hole wrote:

      [ storable clippings, ability to choose one and also get its contents delivered to clipboard ]

      If you look in the help for outline that type of it's a topical type of doc

      To use: just click on desired topic then right click the editor window and choose "copy all"

      Which that copies the topic's content to clipboard.

      Can't get much easier than that, nowhere, nohow
      --

      1. many topics/headers in view

      2. choose one from those by click on it

      3. right click the editor window brings the context menu where the "copy all" choice is available.
    • Richard Hole
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 6, 2004
        Hi Alan or whoever can help,

        Thanks for the letter but I could not get "copy all" to copy just the clip I highlighted. Instead that function copied every clip I have ever saved after I double clicked on the PasteClip and clicked on the text on the right.

        The only function that seems to work is "Copy to Clipboard" but I cannot find or create a button for it therefore I have to right click on PasteClip name in the library and then select Copy to Clipboard from the window that pops up.

        Is it possible to create a button for the "Copy to Clipboard" function?

        Your help is appreciated
        Regards Richard.

        "Alan C." wrote:

        > On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 23:31:19 -0700, Alan C. wrote:
        > > On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 14:48:01 +1000, Richard Hole wrote:
        >
        > [ storable clippings, ability to choose one and also get its contents delivered to clipboard ]
        >
        > If you look in the help for outline that type of it's a topical type of doc
        >
        > To use: just click on desired topic then right click the editor window and choose "copy all"
        >
        > Which that copies the topic's content to clipboard.
        >
        > Can't get much easier than that, nowhere, nohow
        > --
        >
        > 1. many topics/headers in view
        >
        > 2. choose one from those by click on it
        >
        > 3. right click the editor window brings the context menu where the "copy all" choice is available.
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Larry Thomas
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 6, 2004
          At 02:07 AM 7/7/04 +1000, you wrote:
          >Hi Alan or whoever can help,
          >
          >Thanks for the letter but I could not get "copy all" to copy just the clip
          I highlighted. Instead that function copied every clip I have ever saved
          after I double clicked on the PasteClip and clicked on the text on the right.

          >The only function that seems to work is "Copy to Clipboard" but I cannot
          find or create a button for it therefore I have to right click on PasteClip
          name in the library and then select Copy to Clipboard from the window that
          pops up.

          >Is it possible to create a button for the "Copy to Clipboard" function?
          >
          >Your help is appreciated
          >Regards Richard.

          Hello Richard,

          I have a suggestion for you. Go to your clipbook panel and go to the top
          of it where the name of your clipbook library appears. Place your mouse
          cursor over it and click the left mouse button and select "Open as
          Document". Now the file is open as if it were a regular text document with
          all of your clips show as:

          H="Clipname"
          And the text for that clip is located here below the clip name.

          Now what I want you to do is to go to the menu bar and select File/Save As
          and when the save dialog box opens browse to the NoteTab Light\Documents
          folder. Now look at the bottom of the dialog where it is labeled "File
          name" and you will see the name of your clipbook library - something like
          Clipbook.clb. Click your mouse button to position your cursor at the right
          end of the file name and backspace over the clb extension and then type otl
          and click the "Save" button.

          This has created a new file with the same name as your clipbook library but
          it is in the documents folder and the extension has ben changed from clb to
          otl. Now look at the very top of the new file and you will see a header as
          follows:

          = V5 MultiLine NoSorting TabWidth=30

          Your new outline file will not display as an outline file with this heading
          since this heading is set for clipbook libraries only. You should change
          this heading to:

          = V4 Outline MultiLine NoSorting TabWidth=30

          And save the file again. Now go to the menu bar and select Edit/Reload and
          your new file will be converted to an outline file.

          Now you can just go down the left side of that file on the topic panel and
          select the clip you want to copy/paste and then you can select Edit/Copy
          All and you will get a dialog asking "Copy whole outline document to
          clipboard?". Answer no and only the topic will be copied to the clipboard.

          This just seems like too much trouble to me. I would even prefer to use
          the "Copy to Clipboard" you are already using than this.

          There is another way to do this though. You can use keystroke shortcuts to
          do it. The easier way to copy an outline topic is to Press Ctrl+A and then
          Ctrl+C. In other words press and hold the Control key and while holding it
          press and release A and then press and release C and the copy is done
          without any dialog at all. A selects all of the text in the topic and C
          copies it to the clipboard. The only thing you have to watch out for is to
          be sure to press a non printing key such as the cursor right or left keys
          or the home or end keys to unselect the text. If you do not, you might
          accidentally hit a key or the space bar and delete all of the selected text
          in the topic. There is a method to recover if you do. Just go to the menu
          bar and select Edit/Reload and all of the text will be restored.

          I hope that this helps.

          Regards,

          Larry
          lrt@... e¿ê