Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [Clip] Re: NoteTab software.

Expand Messages
  • Alan
    Hi, You might do better here if you use outline Notetab doc to hold your data, use it in place of or instead of what you call the paste clips. Then, just focus
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 5, 2004
    • 0 Attachment
      Hi,

      You might do better here if you use outline Notetab doc to hold your
      data, use it in place of or instead of what you call the paste clips.

      Then, just focus (click on) a topic.

      Then, someone could write a clip that you could launch that would
      get-topic (get the focused topic's content) and put to clipboard.
      --

      Thornsoft's ClipMate does exactly what you seek.

      I think that somehow, clip (executable, not paste) clip could be written
      for Notetab to do what you want.

      You want live text template so to speak with a visual something
      representative of an item to click on that puts that stored text to
      clipboard when clicked on.

      Alan.

      Richard Hole wrote:
      > Hi
      >
      > Thanks for the answer.
      >
      > I am referring to the NotabLight software that saves having to highlight text and copy it to the clipboard. All you need to do is right click on the paste clip name in the library and click Copy to Clipboard. But it would be much easier if there was a button for this or if there was a setting to have it done automatically. Control + C does not work when you are trying to do this.
      >
      > Regards Richard.
      >
      > "Don - htmlfixit.com" wrote:
      >
      >
      >>I don't know if I follow. If I want something copied to the windows
      >>clipboard (just a space in memory), then I highlight it and click
      >>control + C for copy. Go where you want it and click control + v for
      >>paste. If you want everything you copy to go to a document in notetab
      >>(something I frequently do for example when visiting websites to get the
      >>url and then a quote and then repeat) go to notetab, open a new
      >>document, go under documents in the menu system and choose use as
      >>pasteboard, then every time you copy it is automatically placed in the
      >>open notetab document. Periodically save that file to go easier on
      >>memory if you are copying large blocks.
      >>
      >>Hope that helps.
    • Richard Hole
      Hi Alan Thanks for your letter. Are you saying I would need to install some other software instead to do what I want? If so is there a free version that does
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 5, 2004
      • 0 Attachment
        Hi Alan

        Thanks for your letter.

        Are you saying I would need to install some other software instead to do what I want?

        If so is there a free version that does what I want that does not expire?

        Are you saying the current one I am using does not do what I want?

        I know you can click on a PasteClip and drag into into the NoteTab program but it is a shame you cannot do it as easily into another program unless you know of a way?

        Regards Richard.

        Alan wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > You might do better here if you use outline Notetab doc to hold your
        > data, use it in place of or instead of what you call the paste clips.
        >
        > Then, just focus (click on) a topic.
        >
        > Then, someone could write a clip that you could launch that would
        > get-topic (get the focused topic's content) and put to clipboard.
        > --
        >
        > Thornsoft's ClipMate does exactly what you seek.
        >
        > I think that somehow, clip (executable, not paste) clip could be written
        > for Notetab to do what you want.
        >
        > You want live text template so to speak with a visual something
        > representative of an item to click on that puts that stored text to
        > clipboard when clicked on.
        >
        > Alan.
        >
        > Richard Hole wrote:
        > > Hi
        > >
        > > Thanks for the answer.
        > >
        > > I am referring to the NotabLight software that saves having to highlight text and copy it to the clipboard. All you need to do is right click on the paste clip name in the library and click Copy to Clipboard. But it would be much easier if there was a button for this or if there was a setting to have it done automatically. Control + C does not work when you are trying to do this.
        > >
        > > Regards Richard.
        > >
        > > "Don - htmlfixit.com" wrote:
        > >
        > >
        > >>I don't know if I follow. If I want something copied to the windows
        > >>clipboard (just a space in memory), then I highlight it and click
        > >>control + C for copy. Go where you want it and click control + v for
        > >>paste. If you want everything you copy to go to a document in notetab
        > >>(something I frequently do for example when visiting websites to get the
        > >>url and then a quote and then repeat) go to notetab, open a new
        > >>document, go under documents in the menu system and choose use as
        > >>pasteboard, then every time you copy it is automatically placed in the
        > >>open notetab document. Periodically save that file to go easier on
        > >>memory if you are copying large blocks.
        > >>
        > >>Hope that helps.
        >
        >
        >
        > Yahoo! Groups Links
        >
        >
        >
        >
      • Alan C.
        ... As to your questions further above: No is the answer to all of them. Instead, just broadening the spectrum with which to begin the problem solving
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 5, 2004
        • 0 Attachment
          On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 14:48:01 +1000, Richard Hole wrote:
          >�Hi Alan
          >
          >�Thanks for your letter.
          >
          >�Are you saying I would need to install some other software instead to do what I want?
          >
          >�If so is there a free version that does what I want that does not expire?
          >
          >�Are you saying the current one I am using does not do what I want?
          >
          >�I know you can click on a PasteClip and drag into into the NoteTab program but it is a shame you cannot do it as easily into another program unless you know of a way?

          As to your questions further above: No is the answer to all of them. Instead, just broadening the spectrum with which to begin the problem solving journey. That's all. An outline doc is just that. Ever use/have open an Notetab outline format of a doc?

          > unless you know of a way?

          Well, that depends. We are all different. What I think is easy, you might not. Next is a way but it involves two clips so as to get the one clip's content to clipboard. Of the two, one is executable, the other is not. An exe clip shows with a ! an non exe clip shows with a round dot (after they're installed)

          Double click (which executes) the exe (!) of the two clips (or there is option that can be set so that single click executes).

          The two clips enclosed next.

          H="junk6b"
          ^!SetClipboard ^$GetClipText(junk6b-)$

          H="_junk6b-"
          #===============================
          # This script is designed to show
          # how to use Net::POP3 to read your
          # email from a Perl script.
          #=======end_of_junk_paste_text

          >
          >�Regards Richard.
          >
          >�Alan wrote:
          >
          >>�Hi,
          >>
          >>�You might do better here if you use outline Notetab doc to hold your
          >>�data, use it in place of or instead of what you call the paste clips.
          >>
          >>�Then, just focus (click on) a topic.
          >>
          >>�Then, someone could write a clip that you could launch that would
          >>�get-topic (get the focused topic's content) and put to clipboard.
          >>�--
          >>
          >>�Thornsoft's ClipMate does exactly what you seek.
          >>
          >>�I think that somehow, clip (executable, not paste) clip could be written
          >>�for Notetab to do what you want.
          >>
          >>�You want live text template so to speak with a visual something
          >>�representative of an item to click on that puts that stored text to
          >>�clipboard when clicked on.
        • Alan C.
          ... [ storable clippings, ability to choose one and also get its contents delivered to clipboard ] If you look in the help for outline that type of it s a
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 5, 2004
          • 0 Attachment
            On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 23:31:19 -0700, Alan C. wrote:
            >�On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 14:48:01 +1000, Richard Hole wrote:

            [ storable clippings, ability to choose one and also get its contents delivered to clipboard ]

            If you look in the help for outline that type of it's a topical type of doc

            To use: just click on desired topic then right click the editor window and choose "copy all"

            Which that copies the topic's content to clipboard.

            Can't get much easier than that, nowhere, nohow
            --

            1. many topics/headers in view

            2. choose one from those by click on it

            3. right click the editor window brings the context menu where the "copy all" choice is available.
          • Richard Hole
            Hi Alan or whoever can help, Thanks for the letter but I could not get copy all to copy just the clip I highlighted. Instead that function copied every clip
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 6, 2004
            • 0 Attachment
              Hi Alan or whoever can help,

              Thanks for the letter but I could not get "copy all" to copy just the clip I highlighted. Instead that function copied every clip I have ever saved after I double clicked on the PasteClip and clicked on the text on the right.

              The only function that seems to work is "Copy to Clipboard" but I cannot find or create a button for it therefore I have to right click on PasteClip name in the library and then select Copy to Clipboard from the window that pops up.

              Is it possible to create a button for the "Copy to Clipboard" function?

              Your help is appreciated
              Regards Richard.

              "Alan C." wrote:

              > On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 23:31:19 -0700, Alan C. wrote:
              > > On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 14:48:01 +1000, Richard Hole wrote:
              >
              > [ storable clippings, ability to choose one and also get its contents delivered to clipboard ]
              >
              > If you look in the help for outline that type of it's a topical type of doc
              >
              > To use: just click on desired topic then right click the editor window and choose "copy all"
              >
              > Which that copies the topic's content to clipboard.
              >
              > Can't get much easier than that, nowhere, nohow
              > --
              >
              > 1. many topics/headers in view
              >
              > 2. choose one from those by click on it
              >
              > 3. right click the editor window brings the context menu where the "copy all" choice is available.
              >
              >
              >
              > Yahoo! Groups Links
              >
              >
              >
              >
            • Larry Thomas
              ... I highlighted. Instead that function copied every clip I have ever saved after I double clicked on the PasteClip and clicked on the text on the right. ...
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 6, 2004
              • 0 Attachment
                At 02:07 AM 7/7/04 +1000, you wrote:
                >Hi Alan or whoever can help,
                >
                >Thanks for the letter but I could not get "copy all" to copy just the clip
                I highlighted. Instead that function copied every clip I have ever saved
                after I double clicked on the PasteClip and clicked on the text on the right.
                >
                >The only function that seems to work is "Copy to Clipboard" but I cannot
                find or create a button for it therefore I have to right click on PasteClip
                name in the library and then select Copy to Clipboard from the window that
                pops up.
                >
                >Is it possible to create a button for the "Copy to Clipboard" function?
                >
                >Your help is appreciated
                >Regards Richard.

                Hello Richard,

                I have a suggestion for you. Go to your clipbook panel and go to the top
                of it where the name of your clipbook library appears. Place your mouse
                cursor over it and click the left mouse button and select "Open as
                Document". Now the file is open as if it were a regular text document with
                all of your clips show as:

                H="Clipname"
                And the text for that clip is located here below the clip name.

                Now what I want you to do is to go to the menu bar and select File/Save As
                and when the save dialog box opens browse to the NoteTab Light\Documents
                folder. Now look at the bottom of the dialog where it is labeled "File
                name" and you will see the name of your clipbook library - something like
                Clipbook.clb. Click your mouse button to position your cursor at the right
                end of the file name and backspace over the clb extension and then type otl
                and click the "Save" button.

                This has created a new file with the same name as your clipbook library but
                it is in the documents folder and the extension has ben changed from clb to
                otl. Now look at the very top of the new file and you will see a header as
                follows:

                = V5 MultiLine NoSorting TabWidth=30

                Your new outline file will not display as an outline file with this heading
                since this heading is set for clipbook libraries only. You should change
                this heading to:

                = V4 Outline MultiLine NoSorting TabWidth=30

                And save the file again. Now go to the menu bar and select Edit/Reload and
                your new file will be converted to an outline file.

                Now you can just go down the left side of that file on the topic panel and
                select the clip you want to copy/paste and then you can select Edit/Copy
                All and you will get a dialog asking "Copy whole outline document to
                clipboard?". Answer no and only the topic will be copied to the clipboard.

                This just seems like too much trouble to me. I would even prefer to use
                the "Copy to Clipboard" you are already using than this.

                There is another way to do this though. You can use keystroke shortcuts to
                do it. The easier way to copy an outline topic is to Press Ctrl+A and then
                Ctrl+C. In other words press and hold the Control key and while holding it
                press and release A and then press and release C and the copy is done
                without any dialog at all. A selects all of the text in the topic and C
                copies it to the clipboard. The only thing you have to watch out for is to
                be sure to press a non printing key such as the cursor right or left keys
                or the home or end keys to unselect the text. If you do not, you might
                accidentally hit a key or the space bar and delete all of the selected text
                in the topic. There is a method to recover if you do. Just go to the menu
                bar and select Edit/Reload and all of the text will be restored.

                I hope that this helps.

                Regards,

                Larry
                lrt@... e¿ê
              Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.