Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [Clip] Re: NoteTab software.

Expand Messages
  • Larry Thomas
    ... You are wrong here John. All Versions of NoteTab have the capability of controlling any other program that responds to keystrokes or keyboard shortcuts.
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 4, 2004
    • 0 Attachment
      At 04:38 AM 7/5/04 -0000, you wrote:
      >--- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Richard Hole <richardholet@a...>
      >wrote:
      >> Hi
      >>
      >> I have just installed and trying NoteTab light.
      >>
      >> I want to paste text from the PasteClips board to any program. To
      >do this do I have to right click on the PasteClip name in the library
      >and then select Copy to Clipboard and then paste it into my document
      >or is there an easier way where all I have to do is highlight the
      >required PasteClip and then click on the email window of my email
      >program or Microsoft Word document to automatically paste the text
      >there.
      >>
      >> Another problem is that the NoteTab light window with the list of
      >PasteClips gets minimized when you click outside the NoteTab Light
      >window on the program you want to paste into. It would be good if
      >there was a setting so it could remain visible on the screen when you
      >were working with and clicking on other programs.
      >>
      >> Are these things possible to do?
      >>
      >> Your help will be appreciated
      >> Regards Richard.
      >
      >
      >NoteTab Pro will do the reverse of the first thing you asked for,
      >that is, it will automatically paste into a NoteTab Pro document
      >anything you have selected and copied in another program such as
      >Microsoft Word. But NoteTab Light does not have this capability,
      >neither Pro nor Light has any control over another program.

      You are wrong here John. All Versions of NoteTab have the capability of
      controlling any other program that responds to keystrokes or keyboard
      shortcuts. If you have MS Word in focus for example and you run a clip
      with ^!Keyboard Ctrl+V in NoteTab, it will paste the current contents of
      the clipboard into Word.

      ^!FocusApp AppTitle (added in v4.52)
      Activates the application window with a title caption that matches the
      specified text. The error flag is set if no matching window is found. For
      example, if the Windows calculator utility is open, the following command
      will bring it to the front:
      ^!FocusApp Calculator
      Most applications usually show other information in the title bar. For
      these cases, you can use an asterisk "*" either at the beginning or the end
      of the AppTitle text to specify that the text should match the end or the
      beginning of the title respectively. For example, MS Wordpad displays the
      document name in front of the program name, so the following instruction
      will work if Wordpad is open:
      ^!FocusApp *WordPad

      This will allow you to move MS Word to the main focus if you wish and then
      you can run ^!Keyboard commands for any shortcuts that Word will respond to
      or you can simply us the ^!Keyboard command to type text into Word.

      You should also take a look at ^!Pasteback, ^!Typeback, and ^!Playback
      among other commands for ways to control other applications from NoteTab.

      >The answer to the second question you asked is yes. Go to the menu
      >command of VIEW/OPTIONS/VIEW and tick the option to have NoteTab stay
      >on top. You probably will only want to have that option ticked for a
      >limited time.

      I don't understand your response here. He wants to paste text into Word
      but keep NoteTab in front???? How can you do that??? I am sorry, I just
      don't understand. If you select another application, NoteTab does not
      appear to be minimized to me. It just loses the focus and becomes hidden
      behind the application you want to paste your text into. All you have to
      do to get it back after you paste is to click on the taskbar button or (if
      you have the icon in the system tray), the tray icon to bring NoteTab back
      to the front and in focus again.

      Regards,

      Larry
      lrt@... e¿ê
    • John Zeman
      ... To ... library ... document ... of ... you ... capability of ... keyboard ... clip ... contents of ... the ... found. For ... command ... For ... the end
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 4, 2004
      • 0 Attachment
        --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Larry Thomas <larryt@c...> wrote:
        > At 04:38 AM 7/5/04 -0000, you wrote:
        > >--- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Richard Hole <richardholet@a...>
        > >wrote:
        > >> Hi
        > >>
        > >> I have just installed and trying NoteTab light.
        > >>
        > >> I want to paste text from the PasteClips board to any program.
        To
        > >do this do I have to right click on the PasteClip name in the
        library
        > >and then select Copy to Clipboard and then paste it into my
        document
        > >or is there an easier way where all I have to do is highlight the
        > >required PasteClip and then click on the email window of my email
        > >program or Microsoft Word document to automatically paste the text
        > >there.
        > >>
        > >> Another problem is that the NoteTab light window with the list
        of
        > >PasteClips gets minimized when you click outside the NoteTab Light
        > >window on the program you want to paste into. It would be good if
        > >there was a setting so it could remain visible on the screen when
        you
        > >were working with and clicking on other programs.
        > >>
        > >> Are these things possible to do?
        > >>
        > >> Your help will be appreciated
        > >> Regards Richard.
        > >
        > >
        > >NoteTab Pro will do the reverse of the first thing you asked for,
        > >that is, it will automatically paste into a NoteTab Pro document
        > >anything you have selected and copied in another program such as
        > >Microsoft Word. But NoteTab Light does not have this capability,
        > >neither Pro nor Light has any control over another program.
        >
        > You are wrong here John. All Versions of NoteTab have the
        capability of
        > controlling any other program that responds to keystrokes or
        keyboard
        > shortcuts. If you have MS Word in focus for example and you run a
        clip
        > with ^!Keyboard Ctrl+V in NoteTab, it will paste the current
        contents of
        > the clipboard into Word.
        >
        > ^!FocusApp AppTitle (added in v4.52)
        > Activates the application window with a title caption that matches
        the
        > specified text. The error flag is set if no matching window is
        found. For
        > example, if the Windows calculator utility is open, the following
        command
        > will bring it to the front:
        > ^!FocusApp Calculator
        > Most applications usually show other information in the title bar.
        For
        > these cases, you can use an asterisk "*" either at the beginning or
        the end
        > of the AppTitle text to specify that the text should match the end
        or the
        > beginning of the title respectively. For example, MS Wordpad
        displays the
        > document name in front of the program name, so the following
        instruction
        > will work if Wordpad is open:
        > ^!FocusApp *WordPad
        >
        > This will allow you to move MS Word to the main focus if you wish
        and then
        > you can run ^!Keyboard commands for any shortcuts that Word will
        respond to
        > or you can simply us the ^!Keyboard command to type text into Word.
        >
        > You should also take a look at ^!Pasteback, ^!Typeback, and ^!
        Playback
        > among other commands for ways to control other applications from
        NoteTab.
        >
        > >The answer to the second question you asked is yes. Go to the
        menu
        > >command of VIEW/OPTIONS/VIEW and tick the option to have NoteTab
        stay
        > >on top. You probably will only want to have that option ticked
        for a
        > >limited time.
        >
        > I don't understand your response here. He wants to paste text into
        Word
        > but keep NoteTab in front???? How can you do that??? I am sorry,
        I just
        > don't understand. If you select another application, NoteTab does
        not
        > appear to be minimized to me. It just loses the focus and becomes
        hidden
        > behind the application you want to paste your text into. All you
        have to
        > do to get it back after you paste is to click on the taskbar button
        or (if
        > you have the icon in the system tray), the tray icon to bring
        NoteTab back
        > to the front and in focus again.
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Larry
        > lrt@n... e¿ê


        In the back of my mind I knew I shouldn't try to answer any questions
        here after just getting home from the most intense event of my life
        every year. When I design, construct, and shoot the city's annual
        4th of July fireworks display here.

        Which took place less than 2 hours ago.

        But the fireworks went so well that my confidence (not to be confused
        with intelligence) was soaring so I took a quick stab at what Richard
        asked.

        And I made some bonehead mistakes as you've pointed out Larry. :)

        I'll do better in future postings..

        Nite ya'll..

        John
      • Larry Thomas
        ... Hi John ;-) T s ok! I have made better mistakes myself. I am jeolous. I am no longer able to get out for fireworks displays and I really enj0y them. I
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 5, 2004
        • 0 Attachment
          At 05:29 AM 7/5/04 -0000, you wrote:
          >In the back of my mind I knew I shouldn't try to answer any questions
          >here after just getting home from the most intense event of my life
          >every year. When I design, construct, and shoot the city's annual
          >4th of July fireworks display here.
          >
          >Which took place less than 2 hours ago.
          >
          >But the fireworks went so well that my confidence (not to be confused
          >with intelligence) was soaring so I took a quick stab at what Richard
          >asked.
          >
          >And I made some bonehead mistakes as you've pointed out Larry. :)
          >
          >I'll do better in future postings..
          >
          >Nite ya'll..
          >
          >John

          Hi John ;-)

          T's ok! I have made better mistakes myself. I am jeolous. I am no longer
          able to get out for fireworks displays and I really enj0y them. I used to
          go to the local one every year. I would even drive over 600 miles round
          trip from and back to Minneapolis to see it here every year. Since my back
          surgery and my eye sight decline has taken my driver's license, I just see
          a little on television. I will also go outside and see the fireworks for
          the Warren County Fair (about nine blocks from here) in August but that is
          it. Take care.

          Regards,

          Larry
          lrt@... e¿ê
        • Richard Hole
          Hi Larry or whoever can help. Thanks for your letter. I can paste into other documents ok but it is a bit slow to copy to the clipboard. I thought there may ba
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 5, 2004
          • 0 Attachment
            Hi Larry or whoever can help.

            Thanks for your letter.

            I can paste into other documents ok but it is a bit slow to copy to the clipboard. I thought there may ba an option to have a button for the "Copy to Clipboard" command instead of having to right click on PasteClip name in the library and then select Copy to Clipboard from the option window that pops up. There is a button for copy but it is whited out and does not work doing it this way. Better still it would be good if there was a simple setting that enabled the text to be automatically copied to the clipboard as soon as you just click on the PasteClip name without having to do anything else.

            I am totally lost on what you said about !FocusApp AppTitle and asterisks. It seems complicated. I hope you understand that all I want is a simple way to copy to the clipboard automatically by just clicking on the PasteClip.

            Your help is appreciated
            Regards Richard.

            Larry Thomas wrote:

            > At 04:38 AM 7/5/04 -0000, you wrote:
            > >--- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Richard Hole <richardholet@a...>
            > >wrote:
            > >> Hi
            > >>
            > >> I have just installed and trying NoteTab light.
            > >>
            > >> I want to paste text from the PasteClips board to any program. To
            > >do this do I have to right click on the PasteClip name in the library
            > >and then select Copy to Clipboard and then paste it into my document
            > >or is there an easier way where all I have to do is highlight the
            > >required PasteClip and then click on the email window of my email
            > >program or Microsoft Word document to automatically paste the text
            > >there.
            > >>
            > >> Another problem is that the NoteTab light window with the list of
            > >PasteClips gets minimized when you click outside the NoteTab Light
            > >window on the program you want to paste into. It would be good if
            > >there was a setting so it could remain visible on the screen when you
            > >were working with and clicking on other programs.
            > >>
            > >> Are these things possible to do?
            > >>
            > >> Your help will be appreciated
            > >> Regards Richard.
            > >
            > >
            > >NoteTab Pro will do the reverse of the first thing you asked for,
            > >that is, it will automatically paste into a NoteTab Pro document
            > >anything you have selected and copied in another program such as
            > >Microsoft Word. But NoteTab Light does not have this capability,
            > >neither Pro nor Light has any control over another program.
            >
            > You are wrong here John. All Versions of NoteTab have the capability of
            > controlling any other program that responds to keystrokes or keyboard
            > shortcuts. If you have MS Word in focus for example and you run a clip
            > with ^!Keyboard Ctrl+V in NoteTab, it will paste the current contents of
            > the clipboard into Word.
            >
            > ^!FocusApp AppTitle (added in v4.52)
            > Activates the application window with a title caption that matches the
            > specified text. The error flag is set if no matching window is found. For
            > example, if the Windows calculator utility is open, the following command
            > will bring it to the front:
            > ^!FocusApp Calculator
            > Most applications usually show other information in the title bar. For
            > these cases, you can use an asterisk "*" either at the beginning or the end
            > of the AppTitle text to specify that the text should match the end or the
            > beginning of the title respectively. For example, MS Wordpad displays the
            > document name in front of the program name, so the following instruction
            > will work if Wordpad is open:
            > ^!FocusApp *WordPad
            >
            > This will allow you to move MS Word to the main focus if you wish and then
            > you can run ^!Keyboard commands for any shortcuts that Word will respond to
            > or you can simply us the ^!Keyboard command to type text into Word.
            >
            > You should also take a look at ^!Pasteback, ^!Typeback, and ^!Playback
            > among other commands for ways to control other applications from NoteTab.
            >
            > >The answer to the second question you asked is yes. Go to the menu
            > >command of VIEW/OPTIONS/VIEW and tick the option to have NoteTab stay
            > >on top. You probably will only want to have that option ticked for a
            > >limited time.
            >
            > I don't understand your response here. He wants to paste text into Word
            > but keep NoteTab in front???? How can you do that??? I am sorry, I just
            > don't understand. If you select another application, NoteTab does not
            > appear to be minimized to me. It just loses the focus and becomes hidden
            > behind the application you want to paste your text into. All you have to
            > do to get it back after you paste is to click on the taskbar button or (if
            > you have the icon in the system tray), the tray icon to bring NoteTab back
            > to the front and in focus again.
            >
            > Regards,
            >
            > Larry
            > lrt@... e¿ê
            >
            >
            >
            > Yahoo! Groups Links
            >
            >
            >
            >
          • Don - htmlfixit.com
            I don t know if I follow. If I want something copied to the windows clipboard (just a space in memory), then I highlight it and click control + C for copy.
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 5, 2004
            • 0 Attachment
              I don't know if I follow. If I want something copied to the windows
              clipboard (just a space in memory), then I highlight it and click
              control + C for copy. Go where you want it and click control + v for
              paste. If you want everything you copy to go to a document in notetab
              (something I frequently do for example when visiting websites to get the
              url and then a quote and then repeat) go to notetab, open a new
              document, go under documents in the menu system and choose use as
              pasteboard, then every time you copy it is automatically placed in the
              open notetab document. Periodically save that file to go easier on
              memory if you are copying large blocks.

              Hope that helps.
            • Richard Hole
              Hi Thanks for the answer. I am referring to the NotabLight software that saves having to highlight text and copy it to the clipboard. All you need to do is
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 5, 2004
              • 0 Attachment
                Hi

                Thanks for the answer.

                I am referring to the NotabLight software that saves having to highlight text and copy it to the clipboard. All you need to do is right click on the paste clip name in the library and click Copy to Clipboard. But it would be much easier if there was a button for this or if there was a setting to have it done automatically. Control + C does not work when you are trying to do this.

                Regards Richard.

                "Don - htmlfixit.com" wrote:

                > I don't know if I follow. If I want something copied to the windows
                > clipboard (just a space in memory), then I highlight it and click
                > control + C for copy. Go where you want it and click control + v for
                > paste. If you want everything you copy to go to a document in notetab
                > (something I frequently do for example when visiting websites to get the
                > url and then a quote and then repeat) go to notetab, open a new
                > document, go under documents in the menu system and choose use as
                > pasteboard, then every time you copy it is automatically placed in the
                > open notetab document. Periodically save that file to go easier on
                > memory if you are copying large blocks.
                >
                > Hope that helps.
                >
                >
                >
                > Yahoo! Groups Links
                >
                >
                >
                >
              • Alan
                Hi, You might do better here if you use outline Notetab doc to hold your data, use it in place of or instead of what you call the paste clips. Then, just focus
                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 5, 2004
                • 0 Attachment
                  Hi,

                  You might do better here if you use outline Notetab doc to hold your
                  data, use it in place of or instead of what you call the paste clips.

                  Then, just focus (click on) a topic.

                  Then, someone could write a clip that you could launch that would
                  get-topic (get the focused topic's content) and put to clipboard.
                  --

                  Thornsoft's ClipMate does exactly what you seek.

                  I think that somehow, clip (executable, not paste) clip could be written
                  for Notetab to do what you want.

                  You want live text template so to speak with a visual something
                  representative of an item to click on that puts that stored text to
                  clipboard when clicked on.

                  Alan.

                  Richard Hole wrote:
                  > Hi
                  >
                  > Thanks for the answer.
                  >
                  > I am referring to the NotabLight software that saves having to highlight text and copy it to the clipboard. All you need to do is right click on the paste clip name in the library and click Copy to Clipboard. But it would be much easier if there was a button for this or if there was a setting to have it done automatically. Control + C does not work when you are trying to do this.
                  >
                  > Regards Richard.
                  >
                  > "Don - htmlfixit.com" wrote:
                  >
                  >
                  >>I don't know if I follow. If I want something copied to the windows
                  >>clipboard (just a space in memory), then I highlight it and click
                  >>control + C for copy. Go where you want it and click control + v for
                  >>paste. If you want everything you copy to go to a document in notetab
                  >>(something I frequently do for example when visiting websites to get the
                  >>url and then a quote and then repeat) go to notetab, open a new
                  >>document, go under documents in the menu system and choose use as
                  >>pasteboard, then every time you copy it is automatically placed in the
                  >>open notetab document. Periodically save that file to go easier on
                  >>memory if you are copying large blocks.
                  >>
                  >>Hope that helps.
                • Richard Hole
                  Hi Alan Thanks for your letter. Are you saying I would need to install some other software instead to do what I want? If so is there a free version that does
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 5, 2004
                  • 0 Attachment
                    Hi Alan

                    Thanks for your letter.

                    Are you saying I would need to install some other software instead to do what I want?

                    If so is there a free version that does what I want that does not expire?

                    Are you saying the current one I am using does not do what I want?

                    I know you can click on a PasteClip and drag into into the NoteTab program but it is a shame you cannot do it as easily into another program unless you know of a way?

                    Regards Richard.

                    Alan wrote:

                    > Hi,
                    >
                    > You might do better here if you use outline Notetab doc to hold your
                    > data, use it in place of or instead of what you call the paste clips.
                    >
                    > Then, just focus (click on) a topic.
                    >
                    > Then, someone could write a clip that you could launch that would
                    > get-topic (get the focused topic's content) and put to clipboard.
                    > --
                    >
                    > Thornsoft's ClipMate does exactly what you seek.
                    >
                    > I think that somehow, clip (executable, not paste) clip could be written
                    > for Notetab to do what you want.
                    >
                    > You want live text template so to speak with a visual something
                    > representative of an item to click on that puts that stored text to
                    > clipboard when clicked on.
                    >
                    > Alan.
                    >
                    > Richard Hole wrote:
                    > > Hi
                    > >
                    > > Thanks for the answer.
                    > >
                    > > I am referring to the NotabLight software that saves having to highlight text and copy it to the clipboard. All you need to do is right click on the paste clip name in the library and click Copy to Clipboard. But it would be much easier if there was a button for this or if there was a setting to have it done automatically. Control + C does not work when you are trying to do this.
                    > >
                    > > Regards Richard.
                    > >
                    > > "Don - htmlfixit.com" wrote:
                    > >
                    > >
                    > >>I don't know if I follow. If I want something copied to the windows
                    > >>clipboard (just a space in memory), then I highlight it and click
                    > >>control + C for copy. Go where you want it and click control + v for
                    > >>paste. If you want everything you copy to go to a document in notetab
                    > >>(something I frequently do for example when visiting websites to get the
                    > >>url and then a quote and then repeat) go to notetab, open a new
                    > >>document, go under documents in the menu system and choose use as
                    > >>pasteboard, then every time you copy it is automatically placed in the
                    > >>open notetab document. Periodically save that file to go easier on
                    > >>memory if you are copying large blocks.
                    > >>
                    > >>Hope that helps.
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    > Yahoo! Groups Links
                    >
                    >
                    >
                    >
                  • Alan C.
                    ... As to your questions further above: No is the answer to all of them. Instead, just broadening the spectrum with which to begin the problem solving
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jul 5, 2004
                    • 0 Attachment
                      On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 14:48:01 +1000, Richard Hole wrote:
                      >�Hi Alan
                      >
                      >�Thanks for your letter.
                      >
                      >�Are you saying I would need to install some other software instead to do what I want?
                      >
                      >�If so is there a free version that does what I want that does not expire?
                      >
                      >�Are you saying the current one I am using does not do what I want?
                      >
                      >�I know you can click on a PasteClip and drag into into the NoteTab program but it is a shame you cannot do it as easily into another program unless you know of a way?

                      As to your questions further above: No is the answer to all of them. Instead, just broadening the spectrum with which to begin the problem solving journey. That's all. An outline doc is just that. Ever use/have open an Notetab outline format of a doc?

                      > unless you know of a way?

                      Well, that depends. We are all different. What I think is easy, you might not. Next is a way but it involves two clips so as to get the one clip's content to clipboard. Of the two, one is executable, the other is not. An exe clip shows with a ! an non exe clip shows with a round dot (after they're installed)

                      Double click (which executes) the exe (!) of the two clips (or there is option that can be set so that single click executes).

                      The two clips enclosed next.

                      H="junk6b"
                      ^!SetClipboard ^$GetClipText(junk6b-)$

                      H="_junk6b-"
                      #===============================
                      # This script is designed to show
                      # how to use Net::POP3 to read your
                      # email from a Perl script.
                      #=======end_of_junk_paste_text

                      >
                      >�Regards Richard.
                      >
                      >�Alan wrote:
                      >
                      >>�Hi,
                      >>
                      >>�You might do better here if you use outline Notetab doc to hold your
                      >>�data, use it in place of or instead of what you call the paste clips.
                      >>
                      >>�Then, just focus (click on) a topic.
                      >>
                      >>�Then, someone could write a clip that you could launch that would
                      >>�get-topic (get the focused topic's content) and put to clipboard.
                      >>�--
                      >>
                      >>�Thornsoft's ClipMate does exactly what you seek.
                      >>
                      >>�I think that somehow, clip (executable, not paste) clip could be written
                      >>�for Notetab to do what you want.
                      >>
                      >>�You want live text template so to speak with a visual something
                      >>�representative of an item to click on that puts that stored text to
                      >>�clipboard when clicked on.
                    • Alan C.
                      ... [ storable clippings, ability to choose one and also get its contents delivered to clipboard ] If you look in the help for outline that type of it s a
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jul 5, 2004
                      • 0 Attachment
                        On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 23:31:19 -0700, Alan C. wrote:
                        >�On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 14:48:01 +1000, Richard Hole wrote:

                        [ storable clippings, ability to choose one and also get its contents delivered to clipboard ]

                        If you look in the help for outline that type of it's a topical type of doc

                        To use: just click on desired topic then right click the editor window and choose "copy all"

                        Which that copies the topic's content to clipboard.

                        Can't get much easier than that, nowhere, nohow
                        --

                        1. many topics/headers in view

                        2. choose one from those by click on it

                        3. right click the editor window brings the context menu where the "copy all" choice is available.
                      • Richard Hole
                        Hi Alan or whoever can help, Thanks for the letter but I could not get copy all to copy just the clip I highlighted. Instead that function copied every clip
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jul 6, 2004
                        • 0 Attachment
                          Hi Alan or whoever can help,

                          Thanks for the letter but I could not get "copy all" to copy just the clip I highlighted. Instead that function copied every clip I have ever saved after I double clicked on the PasteClip and clicked on the text on the right.

                          The only function that seems to work is "Copy to Clipboard" but I cannot find or create a button for it therefore I have to right click on PasteClip name in the library and then select Copy to Clipboard from the window that pops up.

                          Is it possible to create a button for the "Copy to Clipboard" function?

                          Your help is appreciated
                          Regards Richard.

                          "Alan C." wrote:

                          > On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 23:31:19 -0700, Alan C. wrote:
                          > > On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 14:48:01 +1000, Richard Hole wrote:
                          >
                          > [ storable clippings, ability to choose one and also get its contents delivered to clipboard ]
                          >
                          > If you look in the help for outline that type of it's a topical type of doc
                          >
                          > To use: just click on desired topic then right click the editor window and choose "copy all"
                          >
                          > Which that copies the topic's content to clipboard.
                          >
                          > Can't get much easier than that, nowhere, nohow
                          > --
                          >
                          > 1. many topics/headers in view
                          >
                          > 2. choose one from those by click on it
                          >
                          > 3. right click the editor window brings the context menu where the "copy all" choice is available.
                          >
                          >
                          >
                          > Yahoo! Groups Links
                          >
                          >
                          >
                          >
                        • Larry Thomas
                          ... I highlighted. Instead that function copied every clip I have ever saved after I double clicked on the PasteClip and clicked on the text on the right. ...
                          Message 12 of 12 , Jul 6, 2004
                          • 0 Attachment
                            At 02:07 AM 7/7/04 +1000, you wrote:
                            >Hi Alan or whoever can help,
                            >
                            >Thanks for the letter but I could not get "copy all" to copy just the clip
                            I highlighted. Instead that function copied every clip I have ever saved
                            after I double clicked on the PasteClip and clicked on the text on the right.
                            >
                            >The only function that seems to work is "Copy to Clipboard" but I cannot
                            find or create a button for it therefore I have to right click on PasteClip
                            name in the library and then select Copy to Clipboard from the window that
                            pops up.
                            >
                            >Is it possible to create a button for the "Copy to Clipboard" function?
                            >
                            >Your help is appreciated
                            >Regards Richard.

                            Hello Richard,

                            I have a suggestion for you. Go to your clipbook panel and go to the top
                            of it where the name of your clipbook library appears. Place your mouse
                            cursor over it and click the left mouse button and select "Open as
                            Document". Now the file is open as if it were a regular text document with
                            all of your clips show as:

                            H="Clipname"
                            And the text for that clip is located here below the clip name.

                            Now what I want you to do is to go to the menu bar and select File/Save As
                            and when the save dialog box opens browse to the NoteTab Light\Documents
                            folder. Now look at the bottom of the dialog where it is labeled "File
                            name" and you will see the name of your clipbook library - something like
                            Clipbook.clb. Click your mouse button to position your cursor at the right
                            end of the file name and backspace over the clb extension and then type otl
                            and click the "Save" button.

                            This has created a new file with the same name as your clipbook library but
                            it is in the documents folder and the extension has ben changed from clb to
                            otl. Now look at the very top of the new file and you will see a header as
                            follows:

                            = V5 MultiLine NoSorting TabWidth=30

                            Your new outline file will not display as an outline file with this heading
                            since this heading is set for clipbook libraries only. You should change
                            this heading to:

                            = V4 Outline MultiLine NoSorting TabWidth=30

                            And save the file again. Now go to the menu bar and select Edit/Reload and
                            your new file will be converted to an outline file.

                            Now you can just go down the left side of that file on the topic panel and
                            select the clip you want to copy/paste and then you can select Edit/Copy
                            All and you will get a dialog asking "Copy whole outline document to
                            clipboard?". Answer no and only the topic will be copied to the clipboard.

                            This just seems like too much trouble to me. I would even prefer to use
                            the "Copy to Clipboard" you are already using than this.

                            There is another way to do this though. You can use keystroke shortcuts to
                            do it. The easier way to copy an outline topic is to Press Ctrl+A and then
                            Ctrl+C. In other words press and hold the Control key and while holding it
                            press and release A and then press and release C and the copy is done
                            without any dialog at all. A selects all of the text in the topic and C
                            copies it to the clipboard. The only thing you have to watch out for is to
                            be sure to press a non printing key such as the cursor right or left keys
                            or the home or end keys to unselect the text. If you do not, you might
                            accidentally hit a key or the space bar and delete all of the selected text
                            in the topic. There is a method to recover if you do. Just go to the menu
                            bar and select Edit/Reload and all of the text will be restored.

                            I hope that this helps.

                            Regards,

                            Larry
                            lrt@... e¿ê
                          Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.