Re: [Clip] Sort ascending clip?

  • melchior prisi
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 4, 2004
      Hi Tuomo

      ----- on 04.07.2004 19:58 Tuomo Lindell wrote:
      > How can I sort lines ascending? Words
      > Here is example:
      > ------------------
      > AAMU
      > Tekstiä tulee tähän paljon.
      > ILTA

      Go to
      View / Options / Tools

      There you may uncheck "Case Sensitive Sorting"
      (and, if you wish, "Sort Removes Duplicates")

      Sorting for your example will then result in:

      AAMU
      ILTA
      KESÄ
      Kirjoitan tekstin tähän
      LOPPU
      Sataa ja paistaa.
      Se on ihanaa aikaa.
      Silloin on lunta ja pimeää, joskus on lämpimämpää ja joskus saa
      kipristellä kovissa pakkasissa.
      Tähän esimerkki loppuu
      TALVI
      Tekstiä tulee tähän paljon.
      Uintikin maittaa.

      There is also "StrSort" for clips:

      from help file:

      ^$StrSort("Str";CaseSensitive;Ascending;RemoveDuplicates)$
      Returns the specified text "Str" sorted according to the defined
      criteria. For example, the following instruction will sort the lines
      contained in the Clipboard, in ascending order, ignoring character case,
      and removing duplicates:

      ^$StrSort("^$GetClipboard$";False;True;True)$

      Don't forget to backup your files before experimenting...

      Regards,
      Melchior

      --
      http://loc.alphazwirbel.net
      http://orp.alphazwirbel.net
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 4, 2004
        Hi Tuomo,

        >How can I sort lines ascending? Words like AAMU, ILTA, KESÄ,
        >TALVI, LOPPU. I write textheader with big characters. And I
        >write commentarytext with small characters. So I have problem
        >with ascending.

        If I am reading between the lines correctly you want to sort the
        paragraphs delimited with a blank line. If so, I have a Library
        that will do that, a Clip in it called Sort Paragraphs actually.
        The Library has a number of specialized Clips and it has been a
        long time since I used them. You'll just have to mess around with
        the others if you want to figure them out. :-)

        The Clip does not sort each line inside the paragraphs; only the
        paragraphs. Use a ;semi-colon inside the Clip in front of lines
        you don't want to run like maybe the ^!StatusShow in the bottom
        of the Clip. ;)

        NoteSort
        http://www.notetab.net/html/library.htm
        http://www.notetab.net/zip/notesort.zip

        Fookes Software Home

        >Here is example:
        >------------------
        >
        >AAMU
        >Tekstiä tulee tähän paljon.
        >
        >ILTA
        >Kirjoitan tekstin tähän
        >
        >KESÄ
        >Se on ihanaa aikaa.
        >Sataa ja paistaa.
        >Uintikin maittaa.

      • Tuomo Lindell
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 10, 2004
          Hi!

          I used this clip sort paragraphs " Do titles", but it doesn't work?

          Tuomo
          >How can I sort lines ascending? Words like AAMU, ILTA, KESÄ,
          >TALVI, LOPPU. I write textheader with big characters. And I
          >write commentarytext with small characters. So I have problem
          >with ascending.

          If I am reading between the lines correctly you want to sort the
          paragraphs delimited with a blank line. If so, I have a Library
          that will do that, a Clip in it called Sort Paragraphs actually.
          The Library has a number of specialized Clips and it has been a
          long time since I used them. You'll just have to mess around with
          the others if you want to figure them out. :-)

          The Clip does not sort each line inside the paragraphs; only the
          paragraphs. Use a ;semi-colon inside the Clip in front of lines
          you don't want to run like maybe the ^!StatusShow in the bottom
          of the Clip. ;)

          NoteSort
          http://www.notetab.net/html/library.htm
          http://www.notetab.net/zip/notesort.zip

        • hsavage
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 11, 2004
            Tuomo Lindell wrote:

> [...]

            I read your first posts and thought you might have a clip. I did go
            ahead and work on your sorting problem though.

            I copied the examples from your post and made a slightly larger file
            with several dupes in it. I wrote a short clip specifically for your
            need. It works OK, you just need to run it on a file that follows your
            examples, each paragraph separated by a blank line and no other text, at
            least until after you do the sort.

            This clip uses character substitution to make one long line of each
            PARAGRAPH, then sorts these lines, you can set Case sensitivity although
            you shouldn't need that. You can set Ascending or Descending sort order
            and you can select to leave or remove duplicates.

            The clip is below, between the dashed lines, you can use it as a single
            clip clipbook by pasting it into a blank document, save it with .clb
            extension to your NoteTab Libraries folder, or, just add it, minus the
            line that begins with = V5, to an existing library and run it from there.

            I think there is only one line long enough to be wrapped during
            emailing, I have it separated with an empty comment line above and below it.

            The file with the data to sort should be opened and focused before you
            run the clip.

            -----------------------------------
            = V5 MultiLine NoSorting TabWidth=30

            H="Aamu Sort"
            ^!SetWordWrap 0
            ^!Set %case%=^?{Case Sensitive==YES^=1|_NO^=0}
            ^!Set %=order%=^?{Sort Order==_ASCENDING^=1|DESCENDING^=0}
            ^!Set %%=rmvdupes%=^?{Remove Dupes==YES^=1|_NO^=0}
            ^!Jump TEXT_END
            ^!InsertText ^p
            ^!Jump 1
            ^!SetDebug 0
            ^!Replace ^p^p >> (crcr) TIWSA
            ^!Replace ^p >> (cr) TIWSA
            ^!Replace (crcr) >> ^p TIWSA
            ^!Select ALL
            ;
            ^$StrTrim(^$StrSort("^$GetSelection$";^%case%;^%order%;^%rmvdupes%)$)$
            ;
            ;^!ToolBar SORT ASCENDING
            ;^$StrTrim("^$GetSelection$")$
            ^!Replace ^p >> ^p^p TIWSA
            ^!Replace (cr) >> ^p TIWSA

            This is an file I used to make the clip.

            AAMU
            Tekstiä tulee tähän paljon.

            TALVI
[...]

            hrs
          • hsavage
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 11, 2004
              Tuomo Lindell wrote:

              >Hi!
              >
              > I used this clip sort paragraphs " Do titles", but it doesn't work?

              Tuomo,

              There are slight errors in 3 lines of the clip, use this copy to add
              into your library.

              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 12, 2004
                Hi,

                I'm sorry my english! But I like to tell you that I mean this:

                Here is my original text:

                AAMU
                Tekstiä tulee tähän paljon.

                TALVI
                Silloin on lunta ja pimeää, joskus on lämpimämpää ja joskus saa kipristellä kovissa pakkasissa.

                ILTA
                Kirjoitan tekstin tähän

                KESÄ
                Se on ihanaa aikaa.
                Sataa ja paistaa.
                Uintikin maittaa.

                LOPPU
                Tähän esimerkki loppuu

                ----------------------

                And it must be after ascending:

                AAMU
                Tekstiä tulee tähän paljon.

                ILTA
                Kirjoitan tekstin tähän

                KESÄ
                Se on ihanaa aikaa.
                Sataa ja paistaa.
                Uintikin maittaa.

                LOPPU
                Tähän esimerkki loppuu

                TALVI
                Silloin on lunta ja pimeää, joskus on lämpimämpää ja joskus saa kipristellä kovissa pakkasissa.

                Thanks to you very much! Could you like to help me once more?

                Tuomo

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              • Tuomo Lindell
                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 12, 2004
                  Hi,

                  I got Clip syntax error in line 14.
                  And this clip doesn't make ascending what I want.
                  I get this kind of ascending:

                  AAMU(cr)Tekstiä tulee tähän paljon.
                  TALVI(cr)Silloin on lunta ja pimeää, joskus on lämpimämpää ja joskus saa (cr)kipristellä kovissa pakkasissa.
                  ILTA(cr)Kirjoitan tekstin tähän
                  KESÄ(cr)Se on ihanaa aikaa.(cr)Sataa ja paistaa.(cr)Uintikin maittaa.
                  AAMU(cr)Tekstiä tulee tähän paljon.
                  ILTA(cr)Kirjoitan tekstin tähän
                  TALVI(cr)Silloin on lunta ja pimeää, joskus on lämpimämpää ja joskus saa (cr)kipristellä kovissa pakkasissa.
                  ILTA(cr)Kirjoitan tekstin tähän
                  AAMU(cr)Tekstiä tulee tähän paljon.
                  TALVI(cr)Silloin on lunta ja pimeää, joskus on lämpimämpää ja joskus saa (cr)kipristellä kovissa pakkasissa.
                  LOPPU(cr)Tähän esimerkki loppuu(cr)

                  Tuomo

                  > I used this clip sort paragraphs " Do titles", but it doesn't work?

                  Tuomo,

                  There are slight errors in 3 lines of the clip, use this copy to add
                  into your library.

                  H="Aamu Sort"
                  ^!SetWordWrap 0
                  ^!Set %case%=^?[Case Sensitive==YES^=1|_NO^=0]
                  ^!Set %=order%=^?[Sort Order==_ASCENDING^=1|DESCENDING^=0]
                  ^!Set %=rmvdupes%=^?[Remove Dupes==YES^=1|_NO^=0]
                  ^!Jump TEXT_END
                  ^!InsertText ^p
                  ^!Jump 1
                  ^!SetDebug 0
                  ^!Replace ^p^p >> (crcr) TIWSA
                  ^!Replace ^p >> (cr) TIWSA
                  ^!Replace (crcr) >> ^p TIWSA
                  ^!Select ALL
                  ;
                  ^$StrTrim(^$StrSort("^$GetSelection$";^%case%;^%order%;^%rmvdupes%)$)$
                  ;
                  ^!Replace ^p >> ^p^p TIWSA
                  ^!Replace (cr) >> ^p TIWSA

                  hrs

                  Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                • Alan
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 12, 2004
                    Hi,

                    I haven't been following this.

                    But (in looking for unique things) it appears that either

                    1. find for each of: "**if line size or character length is less than (6
                    or 7)**". In that way, get all the headers-only then sort the headers.
                    then, match the body pieces from the unsorted one at a time and put
                    them in the appropriate place in the sorted.

                    OR

                    2.
                    ; make blank line the delimiter
                    setdelimiter ^p^p
                    setarray %myarray% getselection-get-the-ENTIRE-text

                    then look/get or copy over elsewhere the first (or header) line of each
                    of the array indices while also simultaneously somehow tag or note which
                    particular array indice is associated with which particular header (so
                    as to later, after sorting the headers-only, then take that sorted order
                    of the headers and use it to re order the output of the array indices,
                    not output in their original order, but, instead output do
                    %myarray9%, %myarray14%, %myarray7%, %myarray5%, %myarray3%

                    Or, am I turning something simple into rocket science? (overcomplicating)

                    Later. Alan.

                    Message 9 of 12 , Jul 12, 2004
                      Tuomo Lindell wrote:

                      >Hi,
                      >
                      >I got Clip syntax error in line 14.
                      >And this clip doesn't make ascending what I want.
                      >I get this kind of ascending:
                      >
                      >AAMU(cr)Tekstiä tulee tähän paljon.
                      >TALVI(cr)Silloin on lunta ja pimeää, joskus on lämpimämpää ja joskus saa (cr)kipristellä kovissa pakkasissa.
                      >ILTA(cr)Kirjoitan tekstin tähän
                      >KESÄ(cr)Se on ihanaa aikaa.(cr)Sataa ja paistaa.(cr)Uintikin maittaa.
                      >AAMU(cr)Tekstiä tulee tähän paljon.
                      >ILTA(cr)Kirjoitan tekstin tähän
                      >TALVI(cr)Silloin on lunta ja pimeää, joskus on lämpimämpää ja joskus saa (cr)kipristellä kovissa pakkasissa.
                      >ILTA(cr)Kirjoitan tekstin tähän
                      >AAMU(cr)Tekstiä tulee tähän paljon.
                      >TALVI(cr)Silloin on lunta ja pimeää, joskus on lämpimämpää ja joskus saa (cr)kipristellä kovissa pakkasissa.
                      >LOPPU(cr)Tähän esimerkki loppuu(cr)
                      >
                      >Tuomo

                      Tuomo,

                      This sort is not finished. Line 14, with the error, is the Sort line,
                      although the error. was introduced earlier in the clip.

                      Sorry for all the trouble you're having. I caused it with a silly
                      oversight when correcting the first copy I sent.

                      This copy of the clip is, hopefully, trouble-free. Please try it.

                      Message 10 of 12 , Jul 13, 2004
                        Hi Tuomo,

                        Try Sort Paragraphs like I mentioned below. :)

                        > I used this clip sort paragraphs " Do titles", but it doesn't work?
                        >
                        >Tuomo

                      • Tuomo
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jul 13, 2004
                          Hi,

                          Thank you very much. Now this clip works OK.

                          Regards,
                          Tuomo