Re: [Clip] Using a template or a clip to turn off word wrap for all

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2004
      Hi Daniel,

      In My last posting I wrote in part:
      ====================================

      I have a probelem here as you can see. The way I wrote the clip,
      only the first file in a searies will have the wordwrap turned off. If you
      open the files one at a time then each file will be opened and wordwrap
      will be turned off but if you open several, then only the first on will be
      turned off. I need to think about this to fix this problem but I think I
      have done fairly well for a first try.

      Well, it was not as hard to fix as I thought it would be. Just replace
      these two clips and when you open multiple files, NoteTab will shut off
      wordwrap on all of them automatically.

      ______[Copy below this line]_______
      H="Open .bat File"
      ;lrt@... e¿ê
      ;07/03/2004, 05:03:03 AM
      ;
      ^!Set %Folder%=^?[(T=D)Browse to Folder=C:\]; %Sub%=^?[Include
      Subfolders?=Yes^=+|_No^=]
      ;
      ^!SetListDelimiter |
      ^!Set %Wizard%=^$GetFiles("^%Sub%^%Folder%";*.bat)$
      ^!SetListDelimiter "";""
      ^!Open "^?{(T=A;H=30)Check files to be opened==^%Wizard%}"
      ^!Set %IDX%=^$GetDocIndex$
      :Loop
      ^!SetWordWrap Off
      ^!If ^$GetDocCount$ = ^$GetDocIndex$ Skip_2
      ^!Document Next
      ^!Goto Loop
      ^!SetDocIndex ^%IDX%
      _____[Copy above this line]______
      | right click over the clipbook |
      | and choose "Add from Clipboard" |
      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

      ______[Copy below this line]_______
      H="Open .ini File"
      ;lrt@... e¿ê
      ;07/03/2004, 05:03:15 AM
      ;
      ^!Set %Folder%=^?[(T=D)Browse to Folder=C:\]; %Sub%=^?[Include
      Subfolders?=Yes^=+|_No^=]
      ;
      ^!SetListDelimiter |
      ^!Set %Wizard%=^$GetFiles("^%Sub%^%Folder%";*.ini)$
      ^!SetListDelimiter "";""
      ^!Open "^?{(T=A;H=30)Check files to be opened==^%Wizard%}"
      ^!Set %IDX%=^$GetDocIndex$
      :Loop
      ^!SetWordWrap Off
      ^!If ^$GetDocCount$ = ^$GetDocIndex$ Skip_2
      ^!Document Next
      ^!Goto Loop
      ^!SetDocIndex ^%IDX%
      _____[Copy above this line]______
      | right click over the clipbook |
      | and choose "Add from Clipboard" |
      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

      Regards,

      Larry
      lrt@... e¿ê
    • Larry Thomas
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 3, 2004
        Hi Daniel,

        I have come up with a couple of improvements for the clip to "Create .bat
        File".

        The first clip below works the same as the one I posted before except that
        it inserts a remark section at the top of the new batch document with a
        date/time stamp, your name, your email address, and the cursor positioned
        after it in the document.

        ______[Copy below this line]_______
        H="Create .bat File"
        ;lrt@... e¿ê
        ;07/03/2004, 05:01:22 PM
        ^!Set %NameFormat%=^$GetNameFormat$
        ^!SetNameFormat NoName%0.2d.bat
        ^!Toolbar New Document
        Rem
        Rem ^$GetDate(mmmm d, yyyy hh:mm am/pm)$
        Rem Daniel Prince
        Rem neutrino1@...
        @echo off
        ^&
        ^!SetNameFormat ^%NameFormat%
        ^!SetWordWrap Off
        _____[Copy above this line]______
        | right click over the clipbook |
        | and choose "Add from Clipboard" |
        ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

        The second clip below is like the clip above except that I have added a
        path to the new name for the new document so that it comes out as
        "C:\Batch\NoNamenn.bat". When the new document is created, you will NOT
        see the path (C:\Batch\) but if you place your mouse cursor over the
        document tab and look at the status bar, you WILL see the full pathname for
        the new file.

        When you try to save this file, the save dialog will still show whatever
        default folder you have set NoteTab to save to but if you look at the name
        at the bottom of the dialog you will see the new C:\Batch\NoNamenn.bat name
        there and if you click ok to save and you have a folder named C:\Batch\,
        the file will be saved there instead of in the default save folder. That
        is a convenience for you if you wish to save all of your batch files to a
        special folder like this and not have to change NoteTab's default save
        folder. If you edit the document name in this case just be careful not to
        change the folder name.

        ______[Copy below this line]_______
        H="Create .bat File2"
        ;lrt@... e¿ê
        ;07/03/2004, 05:01:22 PM
        ^!Set %NameFormat%=^$GetNameFormat$
        ^!SetNameFormat C:\Batch\NoName%0.2d.bat