Re: [Clip] Using a template or a clip to turn off word wrap for all

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2004
      At 10:01 PM 7/2/04 -0700, you wrote:
      >Is it possible to use a template or a clip to turn off Word Wrap and
      >Wrap to Column for all .bat and .ini files? I want Notetab Standard
      >turn both of them off if I create a new file or open an already
      >existing
      >file.
      >
      >If it is possible, how would I go about doing it? Thank you in
      >advance
      >for all replies.

      Hi Daniel,

      You can do this with a clip. I have found that a template is not necessary
      to create these new documents and since you want to also be able to open an
      existing document, the whole thing might as well be placed into four clips
      and placed on your own custom toolbar (Which is called a clipbar in the
      NoteTab help. I have placed the four clips below. VERY INPORTANT: All of
      the lines in the four clips that have commented lines beginning with:

      ;

      Before them and ending with:

      ;

      After them are single long lines which are being broken/split by the email
      program. They are NOT split in the NoteTab clipbook and you must rejoin
      them by selecting/highlighting all of the lines between the markers and
      then pressing Ctrl+J to join them together. After that you can delete the
      long line markers if you wish or you can leave them.

      ______[Copy below this line]_______
      H="Create .bat File"
      ;lrt@... e¿ê
      ;07/03/2004, 04:11:20 AM
      ^!Set %NameFormat%=^$GetNameFormat$
      ^!SetNameFormat NoName%0.2d.bat
      ^!Toolbar New Document
      ^!SetNameFormat ^%NameFormat%
      ^!SetWordWrap Off

      H="Open .bat File"
      ;lrt@... e¿ê
      ;07/03/2004, 04:11:27 AM
      ;
      ^!Set %Folder%=^?[(T=D)Browse to Folder=C:\]; %Sub%=^?[Include
      Subfolders?=Yes^=+|_No^=]
      ;
      ^!SetListDelimiter |
      ^!Set %Wizard%=^$GetFiles("^%Sub%^%Folder%";*.bat)$
      ^!SetListDelimiter "";""
      ^!Open "^?{(T=A;H=30)Check files to be opened==^%Wizard%}"
      ^!SetWordWrap Off

      H="Create .ini File"
      ;lrt@... e¿ê
      ;07/03/2004, 04:11:35 AM
      ^!Set %NameFormat%=^$GetNameFormat$
      ^!SetNameFormat NoName%0.2d.ini
      ^!Toolbar New Document
      ^!SetNameFormat ^%NameFormat%
      ^!SetWordWrap Off

      H="Open .ini File"
      ;lrt@... e¿ê
      ;07/03/2004, 04:11:43 AM
      ;
      ^!Set %Folder%=^?[(T=D)Browse to Folder=C:\]; %Sub%=^?[Include
      Subfolders?=Yes^=+|_No^=]
      ;
      ^!SetListDelimiter |
      ^!Set %Wizard%=^$GetFiles("^%Sub%^%Folder%";*.ini)$
      ^!SetListDelimiter "";""
      ^!Open "^?{(T=A;H=30)Check files to be opened==^%Wizard%}"
      ^!SetWordWrap Off
      _____[Copy above this line]______
      | right click over the clipbook |
      | and choose "Add from Clipboard" |
      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

      To make best use of the clips above you should create your own clipbar and
      add buttons for them on it so that you do not have to open the clipbook all
      the time to use them. When ever you want to create a new batch file for
      example, you can click the button to "Create .bat File" and a new document
      with the name "NoNamenn.bat" will be created and Wordwrap will be turned
      off for that document.

      Clicking the button labeled "Open .bat File" will cause a directory browse
      dialog to appear for you to browse to the folder of your choice. When you
      have selected it and clicked the ok button, an open dialog box will appear
      with all of the .bat files for that folder and you can place a check mark
      next to the ones you want to open and click ok. When you do, these files
      will be opened and wordwrap will be turned off for the first one in the
      list. I have a probelem here as you can see. The way I wrote the clip,
      only the first file in a searies will have the wordwrap turned off. If you
      open the files one at a time then each file will be opened and wordwrap
      will be turned off but if you open several, then only the first on will be
      turned off. I need to think about this to fix this problem but I think I
      have done fairly well for a first try.

      The same applies for the .ini files.

      HOW DO YOU USE CLIPBARS???

      Go to the menu bar and select:

      HELP
      HELP TOPICS
      REFERENCE INFORMATION
      TOOLS
      USING AND CREATING CLIPBARS

      This should get you to where you need to go with clipbars. I will get back
      to you with my revised clips when I figure out how to make wordwrap shut
      off when I am opening multiple files.

      If you have a favorite folder that you browse to regularly, you can go into
      the open clips and replace the "C:\" folder with it. If you can work with
      wizards, you can modify the wizards to preset for several favorite folders.

      Regards,

      Larry
      lrt@... e¿ê
    • Larry Thomas
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 3, 2004
        Hi Daniel,

        In My last posting I wrote in part:
        ====================================

        I have a probelem here as you can see. The way I wrote the clip,
        only the first file in a searies will have the wordwrap turned off. If you
        open the files one at a time then each file will be opened and wordwrap
        will be turned off but if you open several, then only the first on will be
        turned off. I need to think about this to fix this problem but I think I
        have done fairly well for a first try.

        Well, it was not as hard to fix as I thought it would be. Just replace
        these two clips and when you open multiple files, NoteTab will shut off
        wordwrap on all of them automatically.

        ______[Copy below this line]_______
        H="Open .bat File"
        ;lrt@... e¿ê
        ;07/03/2004, 05:03:03 AM
        ;
        ^!Set %Folder%=^?[(T=D)Browse to Folder=C:\]; %Sub%=^?[Include
        Subfolders?=Yes^=+|_No^=]
        ;
        ^!SetListDelimiter |
        ^!Set %Wizard%=^$GetFiles("^%Sub%^%Folder%";*.bat)$
        ^!SetListDelimiter "";""
        ^!Open "^?{(T=A;H=30)Check files to be opened==^%Wizard%}"
        ^!Set %IDX%=^$GetDocIndex$
        :Loop
        ^!SetWordWrap Off
        ^!If ^$GetDocCount$ = ^$GetDocIndex$ Skip_2
        ^!Document Next
        ^!Goto Loop
        ^!SetDocIndex ^%IDX%
        _____[Copy above this line]______
        | right click over the clipbook |
        | and choose "Add from Clipboard" |
        ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

        ______[Copy below this line]_______
        H="Open .ini File"
        ;lrt@... e¿ê
        ;07/03/2004, 05:03:15 AM
        ;

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 3, 2004
          Hi Daniel,

          I have come up with a couple of improvements for the clip to "Create .bat
          File".

          The first clip below works the same as the one I posted before except that
          it inserts a remark section at the top of the new batch document with a
          date/time stamp, your name, your email address, and the cursor positioned
          after it in the document.

          ______[Copy below this line]_______
          H="Create .bat File"
          ;lrt@... e¿ê
          ;07/03/2004, 05:01:22 PM
          ^!Set %NameFormat%=^$GetNameFormat$
          ^!SetNameFormat NoName%0.2d.bat
          ^!Toolbar New Document
          Rem
          Rem ^$GetDate(mmmm d, yyyy hh:mm am/pm)$
          Rem Daniel Prince
          Rem neutrino1@...
          @echo off
          ^&
          ^!SetNameFormat ^%NameFormat%
          ^!SetWordWrap Off
          _____[Copy above this line]______
          | right click over the clipbook |
          | and choose "Add from Clipboard" |
          ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

          The second clip below is like the clip above except that I have added a
          path to the new name for the new document so that it comes out as
          "C:\Batch\NoNamenn.bat". When the new document is created, you will NOT
          see the path (C:\Batch\) but if you place your mouse cursor over the
          document tab and look at the status bar, you WILL see the full pathname for
          the new file.

          When you try to save this file, the save dialog will still show whatever
          default folder you have set NoteTab to save to but if you look at the name
          at the bottom of the dialog you will see the new C:\Batch\NoNamenn.bat name
          there and if you click ok to save and you have a folder named C:\Batch\,
          the file will be saved there instead of in the default save folder. That
          is a convenience for you if you wish to save all of your batch files to a
          special folder like this and not have to change NoteTab's default save
          folder. If you edit the document name in this case just be careful not to
          change the folder name.

          ______[Copy below this line]_______
          H="Create .bat File2"
          ;lrt@... e¿ê
          ;07/03/2004, 05:01:22 PM
          ^!Set %NameFormat%=^$GetNameFormat$
          ^!SetNameFormat C:\Batch\NoName%0.2d.bat