Re: [Clip] How do I delete whole lines?

  • Alan
    Message 1 of 24 , Jun 27, 2004
      Karin Andersson wrote:
      [ . . ]
      > A tutorial like this would lend extra substance to my recommendations about using NoteTab.

      I suspect that lots of people who have never before encountered NoteTab
      would not right away notice the power of the clip language. But,
      conversely, someone with some programming experience likely would.

      I'm a professional translater from English to Swedish, but I do have
      difficulties to understand as the clip writing is a completely new
      concept for me.

      I came from non programmer background. An investment of time and effort
      with help from others on this list, and Jody's clip basics tutorial, for
      me made significant progress. It's like learning a new language, not a
      light weight thing, takes a while.

      The help file is much more accessible now to someone with no programming
      experience or background. But it helps if you have some sort of such
      experience before you began to use the help file.

      Jody, this list owner, has a tutorial for the clip basics. His site is:

      www.notetab.net

      I haven't checked recently but, if interested, you might look there. If
      nothing else, perhaps contact info or maybe where the tutorial is to be had.

      > But I made some changes in your code. In the beginning I now have:
      >
      > ^!Set %csvfile%=^?[(T=O)Save in - if the file doesn't exist it will be created=];%faelt%=^?[The number of fields in each post=]
      > ^!SetArray %faelten%=^?[The field names separated by semicolon=Namn:;Gatuadress:;]
      > ^!Set %Count%=0
      >
      > Then I changed Lista to:
      >
      > :Lista
      > ^!Inc %Count%
      > ^!Replace "^%faelten^%Count%% " >> "" A

      I had tried just exactly that, loop and iterate, tried it a few days ago
      and couldn't get it/same to work which is the only reason I posted the
      replace "block" that you saw so to speak. I probably had a typo in my
      code that I was unable to find at the time.