Re: [Clip] Undelivered Mail messages

  • Alan
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 21, 2004
      Robert Romberger wrote:
      [ . . ]
      > This is
      > not my filtering at work, but that of an over-zealous spam software that
      > my ISP has been testing out. I am so done with the whole thing - this
      > has been going on for months. Please do not unsubscribe me from this list!

      I have an ISP and an email acount also located at that, the same place,
      the ISP.

      I also have an (their free account) email at fastmail.fm

      The fastmail I find really reliable. And it works very fine for me in
      the Mozilla email client. (hint, fastmail free is imap of which not all
      email clients out there are in support of imap but Mozilla and I'm sure
      there's others, work fine.

      Obviously it's up to you and the powers that be as to what you decide upon.

      (but while the situation continues unresolved, look/consider at the
      bandwith used by this; i think there are near 600 or 800 members on this
      list, each member of which get an "undelivered" email).

      I nearly moved my main email account away from my ISP over to fastmail
      during the months that my ISp was experimenting with spam software on
      their email servers. But, then it smoothed down at my ISp so I use both
      theirs and my other over at fastmail.

      (Others other than fastmail also exist)

      Just an 1 1/2 cent idea here.

      Hmm, if email gets unpopular enough, then we might all need to learn
      something like Wiki and/or RSS and handle list communications in that
      way rather than through the medium of email.

      Now I'll also get one ("undelivered") for myself.

      Here goes . . .

      Have fun.

      --
      Alan.