[Clip] Publishing from the open clipbook - BUGFIXES

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 22, 1999
      Hi All,

      I have found two bugs/problems with my "MultiClip Paste To Email" clip
      which are fixed in the clip below.

      1. I had a warning requiring that H= headers needed to at least two blank
      lines above them or the clip would not work correctly. I fixed this by
      changing the Replace function to use a regular expression in it.

      2. I found that if you have word wrap on and the H= header is long enough
      to be wrapped then the personal information stamp was placed into the
      header instead of the line following it as it should be. I corrected this
      by turning word wrap off just after the temporary document is created and
      turning it back on just before the document is discarded in case you want
      to keep the document. Word wrap in this case only affects the temporary
      document so I did not feel the need to do testing to see if it is on or off
      and to restore it to the original state.

      You no longer need to worry about blank lines between clips. This clip
      will handle zero or many the same. You can have many clips jammed together
      with NO blank lines between them and this clip will split them up properly
      and wrap each one as seen below.

      ---------< start clip >---------
      H="MultiClip Paste To Email"
      ;Larry Thomas <larryt@...>
      ;08/22/1999, 11:54:35 AM
      ^!Toolbar Copy
      ^!Toolbar Paste New
      ^!SetWordWrap Off
      ^!Jump 1
      ^!If ^$Getline$=^%Empty% Next Else Skip_2
      ^!Deleteline
      ^!If ^$Getline$=^%Empty% Skip_-1 Else Next

      ---------< start clip >---------

      ^!Jump +1
      ^!InsertText ;Larry Thomas <larryt@...> ^%nl%;^[mm/dd/yyyy^],
      ^[hh:nn:ss AM/PM^]^%nl%
      :Loop
      ^!Replace "^H=" >> "^p---------< end clip >-----------^p^p^p---------<
      start clip >---------^pH=" RS
      ^!IfError Finish Else Next
      ^!Jump +1
      ^!InsertText ;Larry Thomas <larryt@...> ^%nl%;^[mm/dd/yyyy^],
      ^[hh:nn:ss AM/PM^]^%nl%
      ^!Goto Loop
      :Finish
      ^!Jump Doc_End
      ^!InsertText ^p---------< end clip >-----------
      ^!Set %EndClip%=---------< end clip >-----------
      ^!Replace "^p^p^%EndClip%" >> "^p^%EndClip%" WSA
      ^!IfError Next Else Skip_-1
      ^!Toolbar Copy All
      ^!SetWordWrap On
      ^!Skip Your Clip is ready to paste.^%nl%^%nl%Discard Temporary Document?
      ^!Goto Exit
      ^!Close Discard

      Regards,

      Larry