Re: [Clip] Comparing and synching two lists

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 20, 2004
      At 12:09 PM 6/20/04 -0400, you wrote:

      >You seem a very generous guy to newbies. Is it possible to create a clip
      that would highlight instances of the use of the verb "to be" for the
      purpose of editing. I attempt to practice the writing style called E-prime.

      Hi Felix,

      I wrote a clip on the sixth for Lee Underwood that should do the job for
      you. You just create a list of the verbs you want to find something as below:

      is
      are
      am
      was
      were
      will be

      and then do a search and replace with the <cr/lf> character (^p) being
      replaced by the semi-colon (; so that you end up with:
      is;are;am;was;were;will be

      Now you place this list at the end of the line that begins with ^!SetArray
      and you have the clip below:

      ______[Copy below this line]_______
      H="Find Many Words"
      ;lrt@... e¿ê
      ;06/06/2004, 06:26:16 AM
      ^!SetArray %Word%=is;are;am;was;were;will be
      ^!Set %Count%=^%word0%; %IDX%=1

      :FindWord
      ^!Jump 1
      :Loop-FindWord
      ;
      ^!SetHintInfo Press Shift for next occurrence; Press Ctrl for next word;
      Press Ctrl+Alt to stop clip.
      ;
      ^!Find "^%word^%IDX%%" CS
      ^!IfError NextWord
      ^!Delay 5
      :Loop-Keypress
      ^!IfTrue ^$IsShiftKeyDown$ Loop-FindWord
      ^!IfTrue ^$IsCtrlKeyDown$ NextWord
      ^!Goto Loop-Keypress

      :NextWord
      ^!If ^%IDX%=^%Count% Exit
      ^!Inc %IDX%
      ^!Goto FindWord
      _____[Copy above this line]______
      | right click over the clipbook |
      | and choose "Add from Clipboard" |
      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

      When you run this clip it will find the first word in the list if it exist
      in the open document. Pressing the shift key will cause it to find and
      highlight the next occurrence of the word. Pressing the control key will
      cause it to jump to the top of the document and search for the next word in
      the list.

      If it does not find a word, it will switch the search to the next word in
      the list. If you want to replace a highlighted word you can stop the clip
      by pressing and holding down the Alt key and then pressing the Ctrl key at
      the same time.

      If you need the clip to stop every time, then it will have to be re-written
      for that.

      Regards,

      Larry
      lrt@... e¿ê