[Clip] [NTB] NoteTab Light 4.6 (Pre-release)

  • Eric G.V. Fookes by way of Jody
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 18, 1999
      Hi all,

      The pre-release version of NoteTab Light 4.6 (Freeware) is now available
      for downloading from my Swiss web site.

      NoteTab Light v4.6; size 1'204'263 Bytes:
      http://www.notetab.ch/ftp/ntl460f.exe

      Please inform me quickly if you discover any problems with this release or
      errors in the documentation. There's still a bit of time left to correct
      these if necessary.

      Regards,
      Eric Fookes
      -----------
      NoteTab v4.52 available from

      Internet FileZone: Always FREE!
      Instantly store & access your valuable PC files on the net,
      from any Web browser. http://offers.egroups.com/click/235/0

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/ntb-clips
    • John Fitzsimons
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 20, 1999
        On Thu, 18 Mar 1999 17:40:12 -0600, by way of Jody <KJB1611@...>
        wrote:

        Hi Eric,

        >The pre-release version of NoteTab Light 4.6 (Freeware) is now available
        >for downloading from my Swiss web site.

        >NoteTab Light v4.6; size 1'204'263 Bytes:
        > http://www.notetab.ch/ftp/ntl460f.exe

        >Please inform me quickly if you discover any problems with this release or
        >errors in the documentation. There's still a bit of time left to correct
        >these if necessary.

        It might be me BUT perhaps you could check your copy to see if things
        work ? I went to the toolbar, right clicked, Properties, changed the
        button width, said OK .......and there was no change in size !

        Apparently the icons change size only if one does NOT have the "show
        caption" item selected ! Is this how it is meant to be ? I wanted to
        change the size AND have the caption.

        Four suggestions as a result of a quick glance at 4.6 :

        (1) As the existing copy and the trial were in different directories I
        had to stop for a moment to work out which copy was which. My
        suggestion is to change the splash screen. Instead of it opening up
        with "NoteTab Pro" only, add the version number. The 4.6 can be in
        small letters BUT it should still be there IMO. :-)

        (2) Changing the icon size should IMO result in ;

        (A) The icon and text changing proportionally.

        (B) The icon changing size but the text remaining the same size. If
        the icon is too small for the text then shorten the text.

        My preference is (B)

        (3) On the icons tab I suggest you display what the icon looks like.
        Why ? If one is doing the selection on top of one's "normal" toolbar
        one can lose track of which ticks are "new". Unless one cancels
        everything and starts again.

        If one could click on a tick, and see the icon that will end up on the
        toolbar, then it is easier to see which icons are existing and which
        are new.

        (4) If one has text on the toolbar icons selected and a button isn't
        available then the picture AND the text go grey. I would suggest
        leaving either the text "normal" and the graphic grey OR vica versa.

        Regards, John.
        ,-._|\ John Fitzsimons - Melbourne, Australia.
        / Oz \ johnf@..., Fidonet 3:632/309
        \_,--.x/ http://www.vicnet.net.au/~johnf/welcome.htm
        v http://www.alphalink.com.au/~johnf/

        eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/ntb-clips
      • Nicole Simon
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 22, 1999
          John Fitzsimons wrote:
          > (1) As the existing copy and the trial were in different directories I
          > had to stop for a moment to work out which copy was which.

          Which reminds me of: If the notetabversion expires (I had an old beta at
          home); ntp should restore the setting for the original notepad.exe;
          otherwise you have no way (as a normal user) to get back to any editor.

          Nicole
          --
          Thousands of years ago the Egyptians worshipped cats
          as gods. Cats have never forgotten this.

          eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/ntb-clips