[Clip] Re: ^$GetText$

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17, 1999
      Hi Alejandro

      At 12:23 AM 3/18/1999 -0000, you wrote:
      >Hi,
      >
      > Does anyone knows how can I Avoid getting the Text Interpreted when
      > doing a ^$GetText$ ??
      >
      > This Happened to me ,in a Clip with a ^$GetText$ and the main document
      > containing Clip Code!
      >

      >Saludos
      >
      >Alejandro

      Variables and several ^$Functions$ work that way and I can only suggest
      that you do a search and replace of the text before you use them:

      ^!Replace "^" >> "&&#&" TIHSA

      This makes the clip commands, variables, and functions no longer active.
      After you have done what ever it is you want to do, then you do a reverse
      of the above to restore the clips in the text.

      ^!Replace "&&#&" >> "^" TIHSA

      The character string "&&#&" has no special meaning. It is just a marker
      string that is unlikely to occur normally in any text you use it in and so
      you can use it to mark the positions of the carets in your text until you
      restore them.

      Regards,

      Larry
      larryt@...