Problem with Disc Search

  • jeff scism
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 17, 2004
      What would cause the Diisc search in Standard to stop "finding"
      multiline search criteria?

      I am searching by highlighting text on an open text file ( example:
      <!^P-->) and hitting Control = D, and the normal disc search box
      opens, I choose REPLACE, and sometimes "confirm" and also leave that
      unchjhecked. The seaarch proceeds and comes back "not found." in all
      documents.

      What may have changed, and would REGEX need to bve checked to search
      for the ^P portion? (regex is a mystery to me)

      Jeff
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 18, 2004
        Hi Jeff,

        >What would cause the Diisc search in Standard to stop "finding"
        >multiline search criteria?

        When the criteria is not found. :)

        You are using global/search disk/directory in this post and the
        one to the Clips list. Are you using the regular Replace dialog
        with All Documents checked or are you using Search Disk. They
        both are working for me.

        > My global search is NOT finding the "special" tags in drectory
        > searches, tags such as ^P, ^T, etc. This limits the
        > replacements I am able to make to single line replacements, and
        > leaves a lot of manual editing to be done one page at a time,
        > (or limited to pages actually open in Note Tab) is there a
        > switch I may have inadvertantly activated?

        >I am searching by highlighting text on an open text file (
        >example: <!^P-->) and hitting Control = D, and the normal disc
        >search box opens, I choose REPLACE, and sometimes "confirm"
        >and also leave that unchjhecked. The seaarch proceeds and
        >comes back "not found." in all documents.
        >
        >What may have changed, and would REGEX need to bve checked to
        >search for the ^P portion? (regex is a mystery to me)

        You might have unchecked the subdirectories box and searching
        just the root portion of the folder structure like just your
        index.htm if you have a html folder. I assume your "<!^P-->" is
        not the full string you are searching for. You aren't expecting
        it to find any comments as well with just that are you?