Re: Disk replace in Standard

  • John Zeman
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 12, 2004
      --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, "John Zeman" <john041650@y...>
      wrote:

      > ; begin clip =======================
      >
      > ~temp3

      One storm cell went through but another is coming in behind it so I'm
      only online again for a moment.

      I noticed in my previous post that in the clip I inadvertently forgot
      to take out

      ~temp3

      At the top of it. That's the name of the clip. I have a series of
      clips titles named ~temp1 ~temp2 etc for storing temporary clips I
      want to experiment with. It should not have been included in my first
      answer to you.

      John
    • Jeff Scism
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 12, 2004
        I am apparently doing something wrong, I get a line error in line 22 (open)

        --
        ``

        Jeffery G. Scism. IBSSG

        Genealogy is the art of the living haunting the dead,
        If we persist perhaps they will become annoyed
        and tell us what REALLY happened.
        ~~~~
      • John Zeman
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 12, 2004
          --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Scism <scismgenie@a...> wrote:
          > I am apparently doing something wrong, I get a line error in line
          22 (open)

          > --
          > ``
          >
          > Jeffery G. Scism. IBSSG

          Well I just checked the NoteTab site for the differences between
          Standard and Pro and I don't see anything that should prevent the
          clip from working for you.

          What exact error do you get? I assume by line 22 you're referring to
          this one:

          ^!Open ^%FILES^%CNT%%

          John
        • Jeff Scism

            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 12, 2004
              --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Scism <scismgenie@a...> wrote:
              > I am apparently doing something wrong, I get a line error in line
              22 (open)

              > --
              > ``
              >
              > Jeffery G. Scism. IBSSG

              Oh wait, I think I found it. My original clip searched files in
              directories that did not have any spaces in the full path. So it did
              not need the double quotes around the full file path/name. Try
              changing that line to:

              ^!Open "^%FILES^%CNT%%"

              And then see if it works.

              John
            • Jeff Scism
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 12, 2004
                I know about those storm watches, no hurry on getting this, I have been
                working to "clean up" this site for two years now, and it is finally
                "looking" presentable, I started with NO HTML experience, and NoteTab
                has taught me alot.

                --
                ``

                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 12, 2004
                  You also should put double quotes around this line too near the end
                  of the clip.

                  ^!Close ^%FILES^%CNT%%

                  So it becomes:

                  ^!Close "^%FILES^%CNT%%"

                  Sorry for the confusion Jeff, I'm dodging too many storms and not
                  able to take my time doing this.

                  John
                • John Zeman
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 12, 2004
                    --- In ntb-clips@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Scism <scismgenie@a...> wrote:
                    > I know about those storm watches, no hurry on getting this, I have
                    been
                    > working to "clean up" this site for two years now, and it is
                    finally
                    > "looking" presentable, I started with NO HTML experience, and
                    NoteTab
                    > has taught me alot.
                    >
                    > --
                    > ``
                    >
                    > Jeffery G. Scism. IBSSG
                    >
                    > Genealogy is the art of the living haunting the dead,
                    > If we persist perhaps they will become annoyed
                    > and tell us what REALLY happened.
                    > ~~~~

                    At the moment the storms are holding but that could change any second.

                    Can you post the clip back here so I can look for any differences
                    between yours and my original?

                    John
                  • John Zeman
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jun 12, 2004
                      I just got your email Jeff and will respond to you that way from now
                      on regarding this thread so we don't clutter up this board.

                      But for anyone else following this, here is what is probably wrong.

                      Jeff is using the offline URL path to his folder of files. Instead
                      of this:

                      File:///C:/allgenealogy/all-genealogy-websites/inmontgo/bios/

                      He needs to use:

                      C:\allgenealogy\all-genealogy-websites\inmontgo\bios\